WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

Just back from the Commander rendezvous. Of course the conversation of what's out there that could replace it came up, unicorns have already been mentioned. We are pretty sure that for under 200k there is nothing out there that can touch the Commander 30 for performance, comfort and quality of build, biased of course. That said, the boats are getting older and we all know boats are expensive to maintain. I do all my own work so there is a huge savings there, but now that most everything has been completely brought up or replaced I'm primarily just paying for annual service parts. Until I hit a log...

If my Volvo's cacked I would not pod, primarily due to the reduction in range. I leave next week for Hakai/Shearwater, Sidney to Port Hardy on a single tank of fuel, weather permitting.

Oh, someone slagged the bow thruster on a twin. Yes, you don't need it, but if it's already there, it's pretty sweet.

Just back from the Commander rendezvous. Of course the conversation of what's out there that could replace it came up, unicorns have already been mentioned. We are pretty sure that for under 200k there is nothing out there that can touch the Commander 30 for performance, comfort and quality of build, biased of course. That said, the boats are getting older and we all know boats are expensive to maintain. I do all my own work so there is a huge savings there, but now that most everything has been completely brought up or replaced I'm primarily just paying for annual service parts. Until I hit a log...

If my Volvo's cacked I would not pod, primarily due to the reduction in range. I leave next week for Hakai/Shearwater, Sidney to Port Hardy on a single tank of fuel, weather permitting.

Oh, someone slagged the bow thruster on a twin. Yes, you don't need it, but if it's already there, it's pretty sweet.
That's just my jealousy of not having one talking ;)

Back