WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

If you want yamaha's better order before you start a build thread...not sure how the lead times are with other manufacturers, but maybe a long lead time is a little extra time to squeeze the pennies?
Agreed^
When I thought I might have to replace my T9.9 kicker I was told that Yamaha wouldn’t be sending any more outboards to the dealer than he ordered in 2020 for this season. Any new orders are for 2022.

Buy some spare motors and drives to swap lol

Tough situation. I would not want to go down in size but also I dont think dual outboards on the commander isnt worth it.

I've often wondered what the price difference would be of a pod conversion to putting in new diesels and legs.

Check this out...brand new Volvo D6-370 with DPH drive for only $80,000 + install

I would expect D4 twins to be even more money.

Check this out...brand new Volvo D6-370 with DPH drive for only $80,000 + install

Not a chance I'd go that route. But I appreciate that.

Posted a few outboard boats for you there boss in the regular used thread, didn't tag you though. If you want to stay diesel this might be a good option 30mph top speed.

Posted a few outboard boats for you there boss in the regular used thread, didn't tag you though. If you want to stay diesel this might be a good option 30mph top speed.
That is sweet. I really like that 29 Cat too. Anyone want to go get a boat for me?

Man how did they get stuck with that...oops sorry, decided to go another direction.

That guy's all talk... ;)
I'll do the talking this weekend and send you boys the pictures. Figure we'll do +100nm. I can tow that 29 no problem, but if we want to bring back cheap gas I might need a heavier duty weight distribution hitch. We just have to get the sea-trial done in the right place with live bait 800 Mile range we should be able to get a few. #tunatime! #mommasaysicangocatchingnotfishin

Cats always have funny layouts if you don't do a big main cabin. I still like this one but with those price tags it better be perfect and I'm not sure about the layout https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2008/glacier-bay-3080-coastal-runner-3786356/ for only a couple more $ go to 34feet 2006-glacier-bay-3480-hardtop-7831803

I’ll go get it for you. You think that think is 1/2 tonne towable isn’t it. Should be be fine. What the worst that could happen. There’s no big hills between there and here is there?

Oly
When I was young dumb and full of.... I towed a toy hauler like a bat out hell with my Nissan Frontier from Grants Pass back to Port Angeles trying to catch the first ferry. My buddy who came with me was scared as hell, I shoulda been butt well. Close to the top of my natural selection moves. Towing our 25 Dory back from Seattle in my buddies 96 3/4ton dodge diesel it didn't feel great sitting in the passenger seat. 1 ton is comfortable when towing but I do get about a second of envy when I see a dually with camper towing a boat, but if I go dry I can do it.

Who has the dually should @Rain City go to 30+ feet?

Back