WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

What do you think of the older Tiara 31's? Theres one in nanaimo thats been for sale forever, its now got a blown engine so the price dropped. You could probably pick it up for 25K and pod it with twin 300s.

What do you think of the older Tiara 31's? Theres one in nanaimo thats been for sale forever, its now got a blown engine so the price dropped. You could probably pick it up for 25K and pod it with twin 300s.
I like them, they're sexy. It's kind of ****** that all the living space is below deck but you get that party boat feel up top with a huge dance floor. Guy across from me at Burrard had one and he always used to come on the Commander and say he wished he had my setup instead

You need monthly deposits into your rrsp, resp, tfsa, 6 months salary emergency fund, boat maintenance account, and boat emergency account.
You don't need no stinkin pod, or a boat with the galley in the basement.
Slow down to about 4 knots above planing (or even enjoy some hull speed cruising) to reduce wear and tear, and watch out for stuff that will cost you a leg and a leg. Keep learning about the parts you could fix yourself.
Full disclosure- I have a house, a pension, decent other savings, no debt, no future debt, and a 1977 small boat from which I can serve warm meals, if you don't mind eating a sandwich stored in my rain bibs on a hot day, so there's that...

I've often wondered what the price difference would be of a pod conversion to putting in new diesels and legs.

Sorry, laughing as I'm posting this Alcan Aluminum, could be light enough to pod! https://www.facebook.com/groups/969...89728461140370/?sale_post_id=3989728461140370
Call me crazy , but i think that would make a sweet, utilitarian floating lodge for 4 guys. Podded , with decent power. I'd take that pretty much anywhere. Its got decent lines and looks pretty solidly built. Pick your weather and slide down the west side of Haida Gwaii or Vancouver Island. Tow a couple fishing platforms.... Its seriously got me thinking !! Lol.
Sorry, laughing as I'm posting this Alcan Aluminum, could be light enough to pod! https://www.facebook.com/groups/969...89728461140370/?sale_post_id=3989728461140370

Call me crazy , but i think that would make a sweet, utilitarian floating lodge for 4 guys. Podded , with decent power. I'd take that pretty much anywhere. Its got decent lines and looks pretty solidly built. Pick your weather and slide down the west side of Haida Gwaii or Vancouver Island. Tow a couple fishing platforms.... Its seriously got me thinking !! Lol.
Yeah, I have seen them for sale a couple of times. I'm no naval architect but I wouldn't want to do too much with it other than sit on top at the dock watching the sunset. In 6-12 months something like this should be worth its scrap value? 4-6k? I can't see it selling and the cost of moorage really adds up but I could be completely wrong.

Had the chance to look at a Monaro 298 this weekend up at a buddies cabin. Very nice but for something that's "slightly smaller" it felt a whole LOT smaller.

Need to start the "Anyone have a spare $80k Kicking Around?" thread first.
If you want yamaha's better order before you start a build thread...not sure how the lead times are with other manufacturers, but maybe a long lead time is a little extra time to squeeze the pennies?

While im here, is there such a thing as a good leg? Lots of inboard diesel water taxis, is it just a matter of maintenance? Or do the high end diesel outdrives have all the same issues?

Back