WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

That's money. What do people think of those motors?
Good V6 motors. Good builder. You'll find the sleeping quarters of course to be a lot smaller than the cruiser you have, however if you fish 75% and cruise 25% it might suit your needs. What is your 75% mission? Cruising, or fishing? How many people on board?

Good V6 motors. Good builder. You'll find the sleeping quarters of course to be a lot smaller than the cruiser you have, however if you fish 75% and cruise 25% it might suit your needs. What is your 75% mission? Cruising, or fishing? How many people on board?
Fishing 80% but a solid few weeks of cruising every year. Sleeping 3 for now but always like the idea of two couples and two small kids in a pinch

Fishing 80% but a solid few weeks of cruising every year. Sleeping 3 for now but always like the idea of two couples and two small kids in a pinch
Yeah too small. I have 25.5 feet and unless there is creative cockpit and deck space/enclosures you have to go to 30 feet for a more comfy cruising multi week cruiser. Nice motors those 250’s a better block than the 200 that search and rescue had some issues with.

The Dominator is more in the range. I do like the cats though.

Sleeping arrangement on the cat is not ideal.. don’t know much about build quality on allied and I’m not a Honda fan but they have very low hours.

Did the commander sell? Did I miss something
No but I've had several offers. It wouldn't be a tough sell. I'm weighing the cost of what I'll have into it if podded vs what I could pick up for the same price. The only thing that scares me with the podding option is what my fuel burn is going go look like in the end.

I don't hate it.
Problem is the -2 footitus. It looks cramped compared to a commander and doesn't have the same resale value as a comparable Grady or Whaler
The Dominator is more in the range. I do like the cats though.
It is pretty fully loaded just add a lowrance network hub and autopilot, dingy lifting crane, but you are in the range of some pretty nice boats like the Grady Express 330 which have nicer layouts in my opinion. Lots of price drops right now on boat trader in that range.

Back