Wtb: Islander MR2

Had it been used much for trolling? Torque would have been minimal with the rod just sitting there while the boat was on plane.
Yes we troll a lot. That’s the second holder on that down rigger to break. Mine on the port side still has the original rod holder on it. But I removed it off the rigger so we don’t have any problems We don’t leave rods in those holders when we’re running

Yes we troll a lot. That’s the second holder on that down rigger to break. Mine on the port side still has the original rod holder on it. But I removed it off the rigger so we don’t have any problems We don’t leave rods in those holders when we’re running
The OP did though, just wondering. I've never used the rocket launchers on my Scotty HP riggers for trolling but I do use them occasionally to hold spare rod or net.

Had it been used much for trolling? Torque would have been minimal with the rod just sitting there while the boat was on plane.

To be clear, this wasn't my boat, only my rods in someone else's holders, on their boat, in a big sea. So I don't know the duty cycle he had experienced with his rocket launchers but the downriggers are new in the past year. Anyway show me those sweet spare MR2's!

To be clear, this wasn't my boat, only my rods in someone else's holders, on their boat, in a big sea. So I don't know the duty cycle he had experienced with his rocket launchers but the downriggers are new in the past year. Anyway show me those sweet spare MR2's!
I have a single gold MR3 that's in good nick, but I think you're pretty specific about the MR2.

Good, 'cos I wasn't really planning to sell it.

The OP did though, just wondering. I've never used the rocket launchers on my Scotty HP riggers for trolling but I do use them occasionally to hold spare rod or net.
I wouldn’t put a net in one of the rod holders on the 2106 rigger holders. I would think the net would put more tension on the rod holders while running , talk Ed to Scotty yesterday. They are sending me two new rod holders for the 2106 riggers. They the older style ones. The 2106s have bee been discontinued. The Scotty rep was good to deal with on the phone

Attachments

• B2734831-7B45-45D1-A9A5-09FB32C851BF.jpeg
    B2734831-7B45-45D1-A9A5-09FB32C851BF.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 93D13894-5EE4-4460-915E-00E93FF7C398.jpeg
    93D13894-5EE4-4460-915E-00E93FF7C398.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 38
I wouldn’t put a net in one of the rod holders on the 2106 rigger holders. I would think the net would put more tension on the rod holders while running.
Yes agreed. I have a stow place for it while running but it's hard to get at while fishing. I've been caught out a couple of times now jigging alone, fish at the boat and I'm struggling to get the net with one hand. That new rocket launcher is right next to the bimini frame, will be easy to get at but not in the way of playing a fish.

Yep, that's correct, thanks for the thought though!
If one of you guys doesn't cough up a minty mr2 soon, I will be compelled to pick up a pair of mr2la's, furthering my kid's trajectory towards early employment in order to support my fishy habits.
Why the standard arbor and not the large arbor?

Bump...ok I'm broadening my horizons for an mr2 or mr2 LA. Any takers? Should have snagged those FB ones but I wasn't in town. Thanks guys.

Yikes! Thanks tho, will reach out to the guy...actually at $600 each, i would just go buy 2 new mr2 la's. These are nice and all but that's basically what they were new.

Last edited:
Yikes! Thanks tho, will reach out to the guy...actually at $600 each, i would just go buy 2 new mr2 la's. These are nice and all but that's basically what they were new.
Do you prefer if they are the knurled drag wheel, or the star drag wheel?

Lol if I remember right I paid like 350$ new, mine are close to 20 years old, not sure when they stop production on the MR2 but at 600$ that’s insane, I paid 535$ tax in for the sexi pink MR2 LA for my wife

Back