Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Wow. Nobody fishes for salmon anymore? To keep this thread alive I'll throw in my 8.5 lbs of today. Pedder Bay mouth, 125', anchovie...One more hit on purple haze squirt...

Well, yesterday was the first day of spring -- so I think winter fishing is officially over -- bring on spring and summer!!!

For spring/summer, should we split this thread into two -- "Victoria" which could be 10mi pt to Race, and then "Sooke" which is Race to Sheringham?

TenMile
<'((((><

Good idea, I'm thinking there will be a lot more posts under the Sooke thread.:D
(waterfront was sloooow on the weekend)

Still some fish around Sooke. Got one nice one around 10 pounds the other 8 pounds Blue Haze hootchy 110 feet
P3181042.jpg

DY

Hope the feds don't see the pic. Your nice fish looks way over the slot size. Hate to get that ticket, big hatches only.

Nice pic codfish some of the best moments there man for sure,, well done..

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Looks like an illegal fish to me too! I would hate to see a member being ticketed by DFO in front of his son or daughter.

Effective 00:01 hrs Mon, March 2 and until 23:59 hrs Thurs, May 14, additional recreational fishery restrictions on chinook salmon will be in effect in Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5 (those waters near Victoria between Cadboro Pt. to Sheringham Pt.). During this time period and in this area the daily limit is two (2) chinook salmon per day which may be wild or hatchery marked between the size limit of 45 cm and 67 cm or hatchery marked only chinook over 67 cm in length.

Variation Order No. 2009-74

Hey back off guys........this pics was genuine........... geat with the young one. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Wow codfish Those are the same Hali pics from last year.What are you trying to do Codfish, drum some trips up? Nice fish though[^]

quote:Originally posted by porcupine

Looks like an illegal fish to me too! I would hate to see a member being ticketed by DFO in front of his son or daughter.

Thought you guys knew about pics adding few pound and perhaps inches. The fish looks legal to me how do you figure it is not?

JUST FISHEN'

Hope that this hali blooper pic is not gonna be added to our 2009 quota

JUST FISHEN'

Back