Winter Harbour 2010

Absolutely-no springs but the time of year and the places I'm talking about you are not likely to catch or even want to keep a Spring-however those coho to 20 lbs on light tackle in calm waters are something to savour!!

quote:Originally posted by spring fever

Absolutely-no springs but the time of year and the places I'm talking about you are not likely to catch or even want to keep a Spring-however those coho to 20 lbs on light tackle in calm waters are something to savour!!

Spring Fever

Shhhhhhhhh:D;)

Can't wait until they are in the sound!!!

Good to here they off Kains!!!!

Looking at heading out there next Sat or Sun, depending on weather.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Yes it was nice to meet you TheBigGuy and your son, are times didn't seem to line up that well. My wife is doing better, her shoulder is still pretty sore, don't know yet if she needs surgery.
We will hook up again for sure.:D

Desided to take the day off and head out for a fish as the weather is supposed to get nasty with NW winds fir the rest of the week.

We ran to Kains and dropped the lines, quickly we had a 17 lbs spring and a 10 lbs coho. As we were picking up to head offshore, we picked up a beauty 32 lbs spring. Once offshore we had a double header of a 21 and 24 lbs spring, then it constant until we had our 6 in about an hour and half. We released 4 others including a beauty around 35 lbs. back to Kains where we hit two other springs in the mid 20's (released) and nice 12 lbs coho. It died there so we went to Cliffe where we filled out our limit of coho up to 13 lbs and released a few sub teen springs.

Fish were on Purple Haze or Glow green teaser, Tomic spoons and plugs and a little bitty pink squirt;)

P8100038.jpg

P8100044.jpg

P8100049.jpg

Over all it was great day, good fishing, good company and the weather was awesome.

Will be heading back there on Sat and/or Sun.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Sounds great-weather is shaping up really nicely for Sat-wed.Will be off Kains by 3 pm sun-green and white Orca ch 6 Springfever's handle-staying on the hook Brownings inlet give us a yell SS

Spring Fever,, tried calling you on ch6 & 16 las sat & Sun, 14-15 aug. Awsome seas both days, never seen it so calm on the WCVI. However spring fishing was really, really slow, just the opposite from last tues- thru. Saw a nice boat tied up to the old ice plant by the name of "Spring Fever" owner was from Nanaimo.....BB

Hey BB

Yak and myself were out there last Sat.

It sure was a lot slower for the springs!!! We managed two in our boat offshore.

But the Coho were pretty good.

Between the two boats we picked up 4 springs and 11 coho, 6 which were hatchery, plus a hali, ling and a few fish and chips cod.

Lots of boats and incredible weather!!

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Just back from WH tues pm-arrived off Kain Island to find a mirage-this couldn't be WH-the seas were flat and it was HOT!! Never been off-shore in a T-shirt!! Now to the important stuff-Springs were okay to steady at the harbour approaches and off of Lippy-fish 140/160 in 200 ft of water and you usually got rewarded if you were fishing Anchovy with a red or green head. By the way was also fishing a Kone Zone daisy chain as a dummy and was outfishing the other side of the boat 5 to 1 all days-He was using various coyote spoons and different flashers. Good size coho-reasonable numbers-a limit was possible on all species if you were patient. We didn't break the 30 but we came very close on quite a number of fish. Still worth while going and for those in the know the coho fishery has started above the narrows-we took 4 there in 30 min on the way home.

Sorry I missed both of you. Going back next Sunday for a few days, most of the time on Ch6. Boat is moored at the old ice plant, outside finger. ....BB

Forgot to mention, that I topped up my Xlarge cooler with Salted Flake Ice at Qualicum River Lodge on the 12 aug, late in the evening. Really worth getting, even if you boated down from Coal Harbour or port Alice. Just a few minutes out of the way on the way home. Kept our fish in great shape. Thanks fishyboy99......BB

I was also out last Sat and Sun. The water was absolutly dead flat. I did see Sitka Spruce out there and it looked like he had no shirt on!!!!!! Hard to believe how warm it was.I managed a limit of springs with the largest being 37 lb . Coho fishing was good averaging about 10 lbs. My boat is a 27 ft Trophy with a Chevron logo on the side boat name `Rainmaker` usually on channel 69. We will be back for a week over Labour day

quote:Originally posted by Busterbrown

I was also out last Sat and Sun. The water was absolutly dead flat. I did see Sitka Spruce out there and it looked like he had no shirt on!!!!!! Hard to believe how warm it was.I managed a limit of springs with the largest being 37 lb . Coho fishing was good averaging about 10 lbs. My boat is a 27 ft Trophy with a Chevron logo on the side boat name `Rainmaker` usually on channel 69. We will be back for a week over Labour day

LOL!!!

Nope it was not me without a shirt. If I did have it off, it would have been a glow white out there and everyone would have seen me.:D

I do remember seeing you out there, probably after my fish partner decided to start chumming for dogfish, which cut short the trip, but hey, at least he was OK when we got back home.

Might be out there on Mon or Tuesday next week. Lots of coho in the sound now and some good catches above the narrows, like Springfever said.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Ken, leaving CR 0400hrs sunday, should be fishing by 0930, and will hit the tide change at 1230 for halis. Should be tied at the old ice plant dock by 1400hrs. Fishing mon, and just tues morn. Leaving for CR (salmon capital of the world) around 1400. Will be on ch6....BB

Sorry I missed you Bill

I had to work all weekend, but will be out there on Wed.

Any updates would be great.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Got a crew together finally !(man it's hard to get guys to go when we have had such a good season for fish) Will be off Kains 1430 wed- green and white Orca- Spring fever's the handle-usually listening on 6. Late update on Tues night would sure be appreciated BB

Back