What Wine Do You Like?

I just got my racks up in the bar. 36 bottles.
Time to drop some dough on wine!
$25-50 per bottle.
What do you like, where is it from, and how much?View attachment 76402
I'm not sure if there is one over there but we order cases of mix and match from Everything Wine and go pick it up. My wife just orders whatever is on sale. You can read up on them and filter your search by discount, points, price, etc. Makes it way less pressure when you're doing it from your couch. All my wineo friends make fun of my room temp rack. So this is all "drinking wine". Whatever...20220312_191429.jpg

I'm not sure if there is one over there but we order cases of mix and match from Everything Wine and go pick it up. My wife just orders whatever is on sale. You can read up on them and filter your search by discount, points, price, etc. Makes it way less pressure when you're doing it from your couch. All my wineo friends make fun of my room temp rack. So this is all "drinking wine". Whatever...View attachment 76406
Can you put beer on that?
I was choked when the “beverage center” that was like $3k only goes down to 44 degrees per zone. I was totally gonna make it my beer fridge

Quails Gate Old Vines Foch (red), Cedar Creek Pinot Gris (white), Lake Breeze have some good whites, Dirty Laundry Hush Rose, Elephant Island have some amazing dessert wines. We've spent a lot of time in the Okanagan and these are some of our favourites. Luigi Bosca make some nice reds. We like off-dry whites for seafood (sauv blanc), we like to support BC Wine's, hence a strong home bias. I've had some great wines that were $15, and I've had some that I don't like that were $50 plus. It's all about personal preference. But if you do get some good wines, store them properly. Unlike @Rain City :). Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Quails Gate Old Vines Foch (red), Cedar Creek Pinot Gris (white), Lake Breeze have some good whites, Dirty Laundry Hush Rose, Elephant Island have some amazing dessert wines. We've spent a lot of time in the Okanagan and these are some of our favourites. Luigi Bosca make some nice reds. We like off-dry whites for seafood (sauv blanc), we like to support BC Wine's, hence a strong home bias. I've had some great wines that were $15, and I've had some that I don't like that were $50 plus. It's all about personal preference. But if you do get some good wines, store them properly. Unlike @Rain City :). Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Lol what is the proper way to store them
I always thought to just get a box so you can take the bag out blow it up and use it as a pillow

Keep them in a cool, dark spot like a basement. I don’t get too caught up on temp as our space is fairly cool, but between 50-60F. I’m not a wino but I try to keep nice bottles stored properly. And boxed wine is so underrated. You get t-shirts from cases of beer, a box of wine gives you a free pillow.

I like RC's style! I am partial to the island wines, Averill Creek, Cherry Point, Enrico in particular.
but lets be honest here. Most bottles of wine, regardless of price will taste just fine or look stellar on your racks!

I'm not sure if there is one over there but we order cases of mix and match from Everything Wine and go pick it up. My wife just orders whatever is on sale. You can read up on them and filter your search by discount, points, price, etc. Makes it way less pressure when you're doing it from your couch. All my wineo friends make fun of my room temp rack. So this is all "drinking wine". Whatever...View attachment 76406
I am with you. There is a song about warm red wine.

I don't know anything about wine but my wife does. As for red this Australian 1 litre wine @$10.99 presently on sale at the BCL stores is worth a look. Believe it or not even Derby bought a case after a taste tour on the Boardwalk last weekend. LOL

Attachments

• 9C2598A9-434A-4929-9FFE-877AD0A02071.jpeg
    9C2598A9-434A-4929-9FFE-877AD0A02071.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 66
six years ago in Anaheim i was buying California reds for $7 per bottle that would be $30 up here. Apothic is good and the bottle looks cool on a rack. Like someone above said, aid you get your hands on some old vine zinfandels you’ll not be disappointed. i don’t drink much wine anymore, but when i do, it’s with a quality steak.

had some Apothic last nite with a brisket that had been smoked on a traeger all day. good stuff

I have some nice and fairly expensive wine for friends who drink wine and know the difference between a nice long finish and just getting a buzz. I buy cheaper wine for my buzz friends. They always drink whatever is open. In Canada I bought Gato Negro and Concha e Toro in 1.5 L bottles and poured one in a nice decanter and served the loosers from the decanter. They loved it and to be honest it is not that bad. You need some every day easy house wine, not real great but very drinkable, otherwise you are going to spend too much. My wife and I drink a glass while we are cooking dinner and a glass with dinner. She likes white and I like red. We also look for low alcohol whites and prosecco's that we drink in the summer and want to enjoy more than a couple of glasses. If a Portugese tinto rose named Gazela is available up there, it is 9% and has a little fizz and is great for sunny days outdoors.

This used to be our go-to cheap wine. It used be $9.99 which was an incedible deal. At $12.99 they lost my business lol.

Back