What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

That's a nice '56 ya have on the rack back there !!
Ya, not mine unfortunately. It's been up on that hoist for 3 years now.

@ Stizzla, some clarification. It's special to me, but not compared to a lot of the boats on this forum. Hoping for many years of trouble free boating and fishing now.

@ Sea Chaser, I'm fortunate to have this building

@ Oly 1, it's a work in progress keeping it tidy

Got the old cable steering off and the new Seastar Support Bar on the old Ocean Pro , WITHOUT lifting the engine. Had to file down a bit of the opening in the washwell boot but alls good. 3 hours of thinkin and 1/2 for coffee brake and 1/2 to do it . Next , attach all the hardware and cut the hole larger at the helm for the pump. I sure hope its better than the cable lol

Today's fun and games in boating has been changing the raw water impeller. What a gigantic pain in the butt on our boat, the access area is just too small. Then the lower hose to the heat exchanger is only 3" long max, very little flex. And of course, one of the bronze screws is now rolling around the bilge. Have to head back this afternoon and vacuum it out ahhhh!

I've done this 4 times, every 2 years and curse it every time. Stupid volvo haha

Going to drain the manifolds this afternoon as the impending cold snap is a bit concerning. Say a prayer for my kicker, k?

Today's fun and games in boating has been changing the raw water impeller. What a gigantic pain in the butt on our boat, the access area is just too small. Then the lower hose to the heat exchanger is only 3" long max, very little flex. And of course, one of the bronze screws is now rolling around the bilge. Have to head back this afternoon and vacuum it out ahhhh!

I've done this 4 times, every 2 years and curse it every time. Stupid volvo haha

Going to drain the manifolds this afternoon as the impending cold snap is a bit concerning. Say a prayer for my kicker, k?
Yeah I've yet to ever do anything to my kicker over the winter. I put a heater in the engine bay. What do guys do?

Yeah I've yet to ever do anything to my kicker over the winter. I put a heater in the engine bay. What do guys do?

Not much, just gonna drain the raw water side on the IO manifolds and such then burn some effigy to the kicker gods and hope for the best. When the boat was dry stored i would run it up with rv coolant same as others. I hear some guys are using compressed air to blow water out now but that seems like a pita so here goes nuttin!

Now that I think of it im gonna warm the kicker up with some sweet, sweet salt water and leave it at that. Some vague high school chem memory says salt water has a lower freezing point than the fresh thats in there now so wtf, nothing to lose.

Now that I think of it im gonna warm the kicker up with some sweet, sweet salt water and leave it at that. Some vague high school chem memory says salt water has a lower freezing point than the fresh thats in there now so wtf, nothing to lose.
I'll probably just run it a couple times too.

Changed the cutlass bearing last week. Had to remove the batteries and box to provide enough access to pull the coupling off of the shaft for it's removal. Made up a couple of pullers for the coupling and prop removal and overall things went well. My first time doing this so I was in no rush. Will clean things up tomorrow and reinstall, complete with new stuffing box hose and packing.

Installed my new to me 2000 Yamaha 9.9 high thrust! I’ll be getting remote throttle control for it next, and tie bar setup for it as well. The next big upgrade is my main power in the spring!

Attachments

• E1DF4948-D210-4083-88E1-42375FE290A9.jpeg
    E1DF4948-D210-4083-88E1-42375FE290A9.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 68
Well I didn't install these this week but it is -40C today and I'm missing my boat big time! I ordered these in from Florida last Spring from Deep Blue Tackle. They make custom stuff as well but I found ones that were going to work for my needs. Very well built and good hardware as well. Not sure what those pieces of painted aluminum that I cut out cost me but I don't think the builder is taking any buy backs? lol And yes I know that 1 of the 4 3700 series tackle boxes doesn't match. That too has been rectified. ;)

Attachments

• Drawer1.jpg
    Drawer1.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Drawer2.jpg
    Drawer2.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Drawer3.jpg
    Drawer3.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Tray1.jpg
    Tray1.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Tray2.jpg
    Tray2.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Tray3.jpg
    Tray3.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 117
Well I didn't install these this week but it is -40C today and I'm missing my boat big time! I ordered these in from Florida last Spring from Deep Blue Tackle. They make custom stuff as well but I found ones that were going to work for my needs. Very well built and good hardware as well. Not sure what those pieces of painted aluminum that I cut out cost me but I don't think the builder is taking any buy backs? lol And yes I know that 1 of the 4 3700 series tackle boxes doesn't match. That too has been rectified. ;)
Very nice, those look very well built.

Installed a 100w solar panel, new 200w stereo speakers, USB phone charger and zapped the batteries to bring em back up. Time to move onto the detailing and then tying leaders.

Reworked my NMEA 2000 network to have it switched via an Acc switch on the dash. Will be installing a Fox Marine Gateway on my Volvo engine when it arrives this week. Removed a Garmin GFS 10 fuel flow meter and replaced the fuel line. Traced and repaired a broken ground wire that had rendered my bait well pump and bilge float switch inoperable.
And, put a shitload of bandaids on the back of my hands from the nicks and scratches associated with working in an engine well...

Last edited:
Reworked my NMEA 2000 network to have it switched via an Acc switch on the dash. Will be installing a Fox Marine Gateway on my Volvo engine when it arrives this week. Removed a Garmin GFS 10 fuel flow meter and replaced the fuel line. Traced and repaired a broken ground wire that had rendered my bait well pump and bilge float switch inoperable.
And, put a shitload of bandaids on the back of my hands from the nicks and scratches associated with woparking in an engine well...
I hear you buddy. I think my hand modelling career is done!
85D98AFF-0137-4B73-99DD-9B61F8433979.jpeg

I'm installing a Chinese diesel heater. They have mixed reviews but for $170, it's not a big gamble.

Back