What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Nice clean boat! I have a '96 542 & debating on repowering a 125 Merc. 2 stroke with a 115. How's it run now compared to your old Merc.?
Nice boat as well. I haven't had a chance to get out on it yet. I was not there for the sea trial. It apparently ran at 42 MPH with a 17P prop on it. They decided a 19P would be better. It should go a bit faster. The motor is a 115 PRO XS. The difference is 6300 RPM instead of 6000 RPM.
The gear case is a Command Thrust which is apparently a gear case for the 150 HP allowing it to spin a larger prop. The old 2 stroke 115 was plenty of motor for the boat and ran great but I wanted something new and reliable.

#1 - upgrade to a 200hp
#2 - upgrade main controls
#3 - upgrade to 20hp kicker (no pics yet)
#4 - add controls for kicker
#5 - upgrade cabin batteries to 6V GC, 220 amp
#6 - add voltmeter/ammeter to monitor house power and added water pressure Guage.
#6 - upgrade electrical to 1 on/off c/w ACRs
#7 - add diesel heater (still have to duct)
#8 - custom diesel tank for heater

Big thanks to @ship happens for making it all come together. Top notch work! Can't wait to get it out on the water.

View attachment 61640View attachment 61641
View attachment 61642View attachment 61643View attachment 61644View attachment 61645View attachment 61646View attachment 61647
who made your fuel cell for the heater? that is very nice.

Nice boat as well. I haven't had a chance to get out on it yet. I was not there for the sea trial. It apparently ran at 42 MPH with a 17P prop on it. They decided a 19P would be better. It should go a bit faster. The motor is a 115 PRO XS. The difference is 6300 RPM instead of 6000 RPM.
The gear case is a Command Thrust which is apparently a gear case for the 150 HP allowing it to spin a larger prop. The old 2 stroke 115 was plenty of motor for the boat and ran great but I wanted something new and reliable.
Thanks for the info baddogg!
I have 2 stroke 125 with approx. 400 fresh water hours...clean engine. Bought the boat 2 summers ago in Revelstoke. Engine runs good but I hear ya about reliability & new...starting is a PITA some days but once it's running, it goes good. Nothin like EFI though.

Thanks for the info baddogg!
I have 2 stroke 125 with approx. 400 fresh water hours...clean engine. Bought the boat 2 summers ago in Revelstoke. Engine runs good but I hear ya about reliability & new...starting is a PITA some days but once it's running, it goes good. Nothin like EFI though.
drill a small hole in the cowling, run a small tubing to the intake, give it a blast of liquid fire while cranking. best cold-start ever.

Bought a 2012 Merc 90 HP to replace my 1980 Evinrude 115 two-stroke. Any idea what an old 115 is worth? 430 hours, its basically brand new haha.

The new motor is 25" leg so I'll be welding up some 1/4" aluminum to raise the transom 5" Also getting a new steering system at the same time.

Bought a 2012 Merc 90 HP to replace my 1980 Evinrude 115 two-stroke. Any idea what an old 115 is worth? 430 hours, its basically brand new haha.

The new motor is 25" leg so I'll be welding up some 1/4" aluminum to raise the transom 5" Also getting a new steering system at the same time.
I got $1000 for my merc 850 with same hrs and controls etc power trim

Did you remove it from the hull yet? Best chance to fetch full asking price is if it's available for a sea trial, followed by motor on a transom or a stand so it can be run static and buyer can see it start and idle, check compression and PTT operations. It's worth building or borrowing a motor stand if you want to move forward with transom cleanup and mounting new power. Outboard on a pallet is a risky buy and most people will expect a hefty discount or a warranty.

Did you remove it from the hull yet? Best chance to fetch full asking price is if it's available for a sea trial, followed by motor on a transom or a stand so it can be run static and buyer can see it start and idle, check compression and PTT operations. It's worth building or borrowing a motor stand if you want to move forward with transom cleanup and mounting new power. Outboard on a pallet is a risky buy and most people will expect a hefty discount or a warranty.
My plan is to sell it on the hull. The new one can sit there until the old one is gone.

I was excited to get the new 30 HP installed at Inlet this week but during a routine inspection they found a cracked gear in the drive. Metal everywhere. Insurance again (hopefully). I'm 5 for 5 in catastrophic failures when pulling the boat for maintenance. FML.

Back