What deck boots is everyone wearing?

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
I’ve got a pair of Vikings that I’ve been wearing for a few years but they are super flat and my arches are killing me after a day on the water. I also sized them to small and they are way to tight with a pair of thicker socks.

I’ve got a pair of Vikings that I’ve been wearing for a few years but they are super flat and my arches are killing me after a day on the water. I also sized them to small and they are way to tight with a pair of thicker socks.
I've been wearing my vessi waterproof shoes. Online company. Way more comfortable now.

seasonal of course and quite often am bare foot with shorts and a jacket in the rain.

Bought these before tuna fishing this year on the east coast because they were easier to travel with vs full height boots. Went out in October out of Gloucester no complaints wear them all the time now very comfortable..

Bogs have been great boots wear them hunting and fishing can’t believe how expensive they are now I think I paid $90 a couple seasons ago but that seems like the norm now.. had the Canadian tire kamik brand before nothing wrong with those either but I think these are a little more comfortable and will last longer.

Summer time it’s “natives” or bare feet.

Xtratuf Legacy - most comfortable boot I’ve ever owned. I wear them everywhere-hiking, biking etc. The neoprene liner keeps you warm and dry. Very pricey, but watch for sales. Pac twine had a sale at the VBS a few years ago.

Attachments

• 38B2D653-5C76-4226-91C8-31F4F2312AE3.png
    38B2D653-5C76-4226-91C8-31F4F2312AE3.png
    411.4 KB · Views: 99
Dunlop , good all purpose boot.
very comfortable.
DunlopPurofortFoodProMultiGripsafetyEH_OMEGA_1024x1024px_E_NR-170_480x480_84b422c5-0b0c-4347-94f2-1b1417ca0080_600x.jpg

Xtra Tuff Wheelhouse - the only problem with them is the stretch material on the ankle is a little low. So when it is really wet and you're moving around the deck a lot, the fabric can get wet, and cause your feet to get a little damp. Not ideal. But, they are very comfortable and warmer in the winter months because of the extra width.

Another vote for the Xtratuff ankle boot. Light weight makes them good for multi day west coast missions.

Agreed for inside boating, either bare feet or cheap water shoes if beaching for clams and oysters.

WCVI is another world though. Self bailing decks usually means wet feet all day, but full height rubber boots are uncessarily heavy and clumsy for the task.

not boots but this is what I wear on the boat all summer. Get ‘em wet they dry out. Wash your boat get soaked they dry out. Very comfortable and they look good.

not boots but this is what I wear on the boat all summer. Get ‘em wet they dry out. Wash your boat get soaked they dry out. Very comfortable and they look good.
We used a temp gun on my buddies dark grey pair during the heat wave and they were reading 50 degrees lol. Other than that, they are great. Just get a lighter color.

Baffin. ✅

I wear flip flops on the boat when it’s nice out and my muck boots when it’s in and around the negatives. Just looking for something for the inbetween times. I got a $50 gift card burning a hole in my pocket for PNT. Wouldn’t mind coming home from vacation and have them waiting for me.

Have a pair of the xtratuf legacy as well. Great for cooler weather fishing and the non slip of these boots is excellent. Docks/rocks or boat decks traction is great. Summer just bare feet or crocs.

Back