What deck boots is everyone wearing?

Got mine today. I wear a 12 nike and the 12 boots fit perfectly with a pair of wool socks. Very comfy and a great price. Thanks Scott!

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm a 10.5 normally and ordered 11. They are a bit big but would be fine with wool socks. I think the size 10 would have been too small.

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm a 10.5 normally and ordered 11. They are a bit big but would be fine with wool socks. I think the size 10 would have been too small.
I am also somewhere between a 10 and an 11, depending on the shoe. So I ordered a pair of each. Will return the ones that have the worst fit.

playing chess while we all be playing checkers
Well, jokes on me. Got both pairs and even the 10's are a little big. Fine with my thickest pair of wool socks, but pretty sloppy fit with anything thinner. So, new plan. The 11's get returned, and a pair of 9's on the way. Will keep the 10's for cool/winter weather with thick socks, and the 9's for warmer weather. At this price, I can afford to have a pair of backups.

Well, jokes on me. Got both pairs and even the 10's are a little big. Fine with my thickest pair of wool socks, but pretty sloppy fit with anything thinner. So, new plan. The 11's get returned, and a pair of 9's on the way. Will keep the 10's for cool/winter weather with thick socks, and the 9's for warmer weather. At this price, I can afford to have a pair of backups.
yah my 9’s are a tad big but that’s ok because my Lulu yoga pants slide right in. they are super comfy though. wow…

I bought pair of Simms and loving them. Tighter around the ankle so no slop. Hopefully they stand up to time and do not crack like some others have reported.

I bought these at Costco in Seattle for $35 US. They have a much heavier sole than the Xtra Tough boots, and seem to have more support. I go through one pair of Xtra Tough boots each season - they dis-colour and crack from the sun and the sole is really thin so doesn't offer much support. Granted I'm guiding more than 100 days a season, so pretty hard on boots. Hoping these will be much better, and certainly pretty cheap by comparison to Xtra Tough boots.

IMG_4604.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4606.jpeg
    IMG_4606.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I received my pair of xtra tuff’s they were way to big. I have a pair of the full height boots in a 12 that fit great but the 12’s I received in the shorter version were way too big. Going to return them.

The XtraTuff ones that were on the big sale; I did buy a pair as for $50 if they only last a season no big deal but passed on the sale info to a couple of buddies. One had bought those boots last year and as he stated "the sole imploded"; he said when he went to return them to MEC after only having them for a few months they had seen at least a dozen but that had the same thing happen. Wondering if that is the reason for the deep discount.

I bought pair of Simms and loving them. Tighter around the ankle so no slop. Hopefully they stand up to time and do not crack like some others have reported.
I've heard good things about them. Couple of guide buddies tried them this past season and they stood up well, but a bit more $

Back