What deck boots is everyone wearing?

Those Grundens are pricey rubber boots.
Got a feeling you pay for the name...
You could buy 2 or 3 pairs of a cheaper name......no problems with my Grundens so far. I'm in the rain for hours sometimes, a career of it. Get what ya pay for when it comes to raingear. I'm also a fan of Arcteryx and the Mustang (Taku or Meris) raingear......don't get wet anymore, worth every penny.

Last edited:
Been wearing these Grunden boots on and off the boat for years now..love them

th
Been wearing these Grunden boots on and off the boat for years now..love them

th
Has anyone experienced their grunden boots peeling a layer of coating off them? My wife and I both have them and they are super comfortable but in the first year after several wears the coating stated to peel off and the look like crap.

Has anyone experienced their grunden boots peeling a layer of coating off them? My wife and I both have them and they are super comfortable but in the first year after several wears the coating stated to peel off and the look like crap.

Just starting year 2 with them, so far so good. Are you pressure washing the blood off them?

Agreed on the comfortable part, they are pain free all day, and I am on a centre console so I stand a lot.

ya they do that for sure

Just starting year 2 with them, so far so good. Are you pressure washing the blood off them?

Agreed on the comfortable part, they are pain free all day, and I am on a centre console so I stand a lot.
We bleed our fish in a pail and don't usually get a lot of blood on our feet or the floor. We have never pressure washer them.

I used Geox ¾ cut shoes, Amphibrox Technology. They are breathable, light weight and never slip on any types of decks. They are so light they look like they are floating in the photo. These boots are 4 years old, I scrub them with a brush when dirty and spray them.
They are excellent but cost $200+

Attachments

• Geox fishing boats.jpg
    Geox fishing boats.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 90
I'm liking the XtraTuff leather deck boots with a good insole for wider feet.

The basic XtraTuff are basically disposable.

Tried the Simms, but the rubber cracked where the foot bent and they were really hot for summertime - very nice fit though.

I've got the Dunlop Purofort Explorer for a full size workboot - they are deadly comfy but not sporty.

Tried the Simms, but the rubber cracked where the foot bent and they were really hot for summertime - very nice fit though.

I've got the Dunlop Purofort Explorer for a full size workboot - they are deadly comfy but not sporty.
I've had two sets of those Dunlop Purofort boots. First set made it 8 charter seasons. The current set have 5 seasons and going strong. They are hot as you eluded (for the 30 days a summer that Ukee gets up around 20). After reading this thread I'll be adding a mid cut boot for occasional use this year. Grundens sounds like a good option.

Grundens are on sale at the boat show. Picked up a pair. Xtra Tuff are on sale too.
Stock and sizes seem limited on both

Attachments

• DEB1B444-CFD9-4A53-BFC7-E2AA0A93E55E.jpeg
    DEB1B444-CFD9-4A53-BFC7-E2AA0A93E55E.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 69

not boots but this is what I wear on the boat all summer. Get ‘em wet they dry out. Wash your boat get soaked they dry out. Very comfortable and they look good.
Me and wife just bought pairs.
Thanks for the recommendation.

How many seasons did the Simms last? I'm not going Xtra tuff again that's for sure the turned brittle with limited use.

How many seasons did the Simms last? I'm not going Xtra tuff again that's for sure the turned brittle with limited use.
Pnt has the grundens on for $80 at the moment. It's only one colour which I take it ain't popular but I don't care much about colour. Ordered some up.

Less than 1.

Was a bit of a bummer, they fit very well - not sloppy like the XtraTuff.

IMG_8429[1].JPG

Back