WANTED: 24'-28' Ocean Fishing Boat

Looking to purchase my first boat. Looking for a 24-28 foot boat. I would really like to get myself into a diesel if possible. Not interested in anything hard on fuel. I want to be able to use this baby every weekend.

What is your idea of hard on fuel? Do you want overnight and cooking capability? Pretty vague more specifics will help narrow down the choices. Toilet in the cuddy or in a separate head? Shower? Hot water? Soft top? Hard top? Alaska bulkhead? Command bridge? Budget? Assuming budget is fairly wide open if you are looking at diesel. The list goes on and on. Start researching on YachtWorld and refine your search criteria.

Any boat in that size range will burn lots of fuel, ha ha!!

You gotta pay to play

Well that's what I wanted too, 30 years later and I still can't find it! If you are worrying about fuel burn then boating is a bad hobby, a really bad hobby.

28 foot canoe is about the best for fuel economy. If you want to buy a boat that is good on fuel you need to find one with less deadrise or a trawler

A 26 foot c dory is pretty darn good on fuel just need to slow in the rough stuff. There is a really nice 26 cdory for sale on Craigslist seattle

Trawlers are really slow but if you have time they will make for nice relaxing fishing trip

First ocean boat at 24-28 ' ?
it's a steep learning curve.
you might want to start smaller and move up...
JMHO

Do you wanna spend $100.00 per foot......$10,000.00 a foot...somewhere in between or over? THAT is the biggest question. ;)

Pretty wide open request. You may wanna narrow things down a WEE bit so people aren't playing a massive guessing game to your needs.

Have you looked at anything?

Are you wanting something more of a Sportfishing boat or something you can overnight on with family? What amenities do you need on board? Hull construction? Hard top versus soft top? SO many questions you need to answer for yourself or you'll drive yourself batty searching....start narrowing things down a bit and have a look at some boats in the price range and get an idea of different layouts and what your budget will get you into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back