Need Boat Logos - I can help

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** This Post is for Helping with Graphics, Not Supplying Stickers ***
usually older out of business companies that no longer have anything available for purchase
or like the double eagle posted below, something different you can't find anywhere else

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i just realized i do have something to offer the forum

if you need older boat logos (or newer) and have a pic, or i can usually find them online, i can get them into a format ready to be cut and/or printed
just take them to your local sign shop (or the closest one online if nothing is around you)
most of the time i can find the right fonts (worst case i hand draw)

once i get my cutter up and running i will be able to vectorize and cut any color of the rainbow for the forum (12" high max & no full color printing)
you would just pay for the vinyl and shipping (i would probably stick with oracal 751 for the vinyl)

what started this was i bought an old mid-century mercury woody boat (not the motor company, but a builder out of cali),
and i found a bunch of info and old ads, so i ended up with some really nice graphics (even made t-shirts), see below
(the guy in the graphics is the owner/builder bill nollenberger)

Attachments

• ad22.jpg
    ad22.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 43
  • ad7.jpg
    ad7.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 38
  • ad19.jpg
    ad19.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • ad13.jpg
    ad13.jpg
    963.3 KB · Views: 39
  • mercury.jpg
    mercury.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 44
  • bill fishing on dark b.jpg
    bill fishing on dark b.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
looking at an arima to buy, so i just did up their logos from their older '90's catalog

it makes it easier when they are basic shapes like arima's, i'm no pro, but i like to dabble

Attachments

• arima waves2.jpg
    arima waves2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 17
  • arima waves.jpg
    arima waves.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Double Eagle decals? I want a pair for my boat.
are these not those red multi-color stickers on the back?
(i've never seen one in real life, just going by the tiny pixelated logos on for sale ads)
if so, then you should be able to get these as double eagle is still in business, give 'em a jingle (but they may be pricey???)

but if you are after something a little different to separate yourself from the herd,
here is what i found for you (if we go in order left to right and top to bottom):

1) definitely doable as a printed sticker, but i'd have to hand-draw and vectorize
could be ok in sign vinyl if you can bring it down to 2 colors, 3 colors means there will be multiple overlaps, and each overlap = potential failure point (but talk to a sign shop, they may say no big deal, and if the price is right might be ok with you to re-do in 3-4 years)

2) same as above, except you might be able to get away with white of the eagle heads cut completely out exposing the white hull color leaving only two colors overlapping, but a three color design with the black text
or as a single color it would look good too

3) definitely doable as a sticker (i'd draw it out and add in the gradient i.e. the dark grey at the bottom fading to nothing on the design element and the text)
as a cut vinyl it may be ok if you can live without the gradient (the white/light grey would be the bottom layer and then the red on top with the eagle heads cut out of the red revealing the white/light grey below)

4) doable as a sticker or a cut vinyl (very time consuming to hand draw, but not a problem)

double eagle all small.jpg

ok, @seachicken i have zoomed in on a double eagle hull and can now see what the typical logo looks like

even though this is a 3 color design none of the colors overlap, which is nice and means you can do this pretty cheaply with sign vinyl
in the bottom left corner of the below image you can see how the colored text has an offset around it, so all white becomes negative space/hull color

if i had a double eagle, i would do #2 above in metallic black & gold design and black or gold text (& i would drop the text below the design)
i would make it much larger than the size of the logo below (maybe 18'-24" long)

double eagle red and blue.jpg

black and gold.png

black and gold2.png

ok, @seachicken i have zoomed in on a double eagle hull and can now see what the typical logo looks like

even though this is a 3 color design none of the colors overlap, which is nice and means you can do this pretty cheaply with sign vinyl
in the bottom left corner of the below image you can see how the colored text has an offset around it, so all white becomes negative space/hull color

if i had a double eagle, i would do #2 above in metallic black & gold design and black or gold text (& i would drop the text below the design)
i would make it much larger than the size of the logo below (maybe 18'-24" long)

View attachment 102696

View attachment 102697

View attachment 102698
I do like the classic red one, definitely fits the vintage of the boat. What would you think for price for either one? Where on the island are you?

I do like the classic red one, definitely fits the vintage of the boat. What would you think for price for either one? Where on the island are you?
as you may have read in the first post, i don't have my cutter available
all i can do is supply the graphics (i'll see if i can edit the first post to make this clearer)

Back