Vancouver Saltchuk

Finally... gonna get out on Friday.
Just wondering if anyones been out in the last couple and am hoping that the fish are where they are supposed to be....HA.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

getbent

quote:Originally posted by getbent

Finally... gonna get out on Friday.
Just wondering if anyones been out in the last couple and am hoping that the fish are where they are supposed to be....HA.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

getbent

Been pretty windy the last little while. I know there were a couple of boats out yesterday---haven't talked to them. Still deciding whether to go or not this morning, forecast is for strong winds. Already coming up out there.

would have been out yesterday but some skid stole my kicker . Trying to find a new one to get out tomorrow. Keep your kickers locked up.

Yeah i know it has been a bit gusty...supposed to lay down for friday...lets hope.

Murph that suck's...i hate those rat ba$tards!

Getbent

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook

Going out tomorrow off South Bowen. Will have radio on 88 if anyone wants to reach me.

Hey Dave, did you get out? I know some went up into the sound today with pretty decent results - did you get out today ?

Pretty rough out there first thing, even though we were late getting out.
4 on...4 in the box...limit, 2 about 12-13lbs and 2 about 9-10.
South end of Bowen on the Hump.
1 on a Nasty girl at 120
The other 3 on anchovie in a Chartreuse head at 99.
Laid down nice in the afternoon...nice feed of crab too boot.

Tomorrow we release 50,000 springs into the Nicomekle at our open house if anyone wants to pop by with the kids for a dog and to let a few into the system.

Good day on the water.

Cheers,

Getbent

PS...near the middle to the end of May we will be looking for help to clip our coho (about 30,000)if anyone is interested...just give me a shout and we'll make er happen!

Picked up a new used 9.9 today , an ez steer and put my set up back together. It was late by the time I was finished , but did get out to the bell for a quick troll into the harbour. Marked some bait and saw some porpoise towards the end ,but had to meet people for diner. No salmon but it was a pretty poor effort. What was happening in the sound ?

Only had the morning to fish. That's when the wind was the worst. Started at 7 AM working about 1 mile off. In my 17.5 foot it was no fun. Pulled the pin around 8:30. Tried 3rd mark and waterfall for nothing. Finished at the hole with nothing. Heard bigger boats on the radio getting fish on the killing grounds. Glad to hear it let up a bit in the afternoon.

Yeah cammer they were all marbled, very tasty:)

I gave you a shout at about 10:30 cohochinook as we got out about 9:30 or so...yeah I can imagine it was not fun in 17.5 as we still had a rough ride ourselves.
Did you make it out yesterday cammer?

Guy

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

Winds are looking better for Sunday,who's going ?

Brisco, check yer PM!!!

FM.

600 am conference call this morn, after a good morning **** and the sound of heavy rain drops and breezy wind, decided to jump back in fart sack, 1100 am conference call, same o, and then 100pm call er quits with no fishing today, ****ty cause tides were perfect. Does anyone know when Ambelside Launch will close for no boats??

Got out about 10:30 for 3 hrs and couldn't get anywhere near the hump as it was nasty SW coming strait so stayed in at Seymour and Cowans. Fishing alone in a 17 DE, brutal, practically fishing on my knees and I was so beat I slept 4 hrs after getting back lol.
I managed 2 keepers ( 8-10 lbs) and a undersize off Cowans 1/4 - 1/2 mile. All three came in a half hour window. The undersize and a keeper was a double header(by myself in 3'confused seas on a 17'..THAT was 'fun'..lol)

Before I dropped the lines I salvaged a dinghy that was bobbing around out there.....looking for an owner but it looks like it probably came off a dock or mooring bouy somewhere.

Weather was nasty today, almost pulled the pin on the way out , glad I didn t . Hit a instant fish just after dropping the gear off cowan . 10 lbs steady action until 3 when I got into a real spring that spooled my reel had to chase it with the boat but ended up losing it.. Fishing is good right now.

Last year wasnt it this time that vancouver got hot for a few weeks then cooled down as nanaimo caught fire? Either way its great to see good fishing!

Back