Vancouver Chuck

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

My newbies did really well today and we got a 6 and 7 lb coho's.
West Van at pink apartment on chovy.

009-7.jpg

Nice work Brisco! Way to break in a couple of Newbies. New Boat?

No, same boat I bought new in 2005. Newbies were awesome and what blows me away is how they did everything wrong reeling in the fish yet we netted them both.lol

cohochinook,

where in the sound you been fishing? what gear you hitting the good size smilies on?

I will be in Vancouver around the 20th of this month, and staying until around the 3rd of sept. If there are any guides out there that have an opening I am interested.

Please email at kris.dueck@hotmail.com

Cheers,..Kris

quote:Originally posted by Kris

I will be in Vancouver around the 20th of this month, and staying until around the 3rd of sept. If there are any guides out there that have an opening I am interested.

Please email at kris.dueck@hotmail.com

Cheers,..Kris

Your timing is impeccable Kris--by that time it will be Sockeye Madness. If the Sockeye show up this year as they're "predicting", t you should go for a Sockeye Charter off the Fraser Mouth. You'll limit out easily. Also, when the bulk of the summer run/late summer run Chinook show up (primarily reds), if it is anything like the last 2 years, you'll be in for plenty of action.

Heed the following advice: BOOK NOW as getting any boat with any firm worth it's salt in the Vancouver area will be impossible on short notice. BOOK EARLY!!!

May I suggest a couple of firms? I know many people who have gone with these firms and came back with nothing but smiles!

BonChovy Fishing Charters www.bonchovy.com
Speak to Jason or Jeff. These are a couple of great guys who are top rods in the local fishing scene--I know them personally and they're class acts. They're hooking fish all the time!

Pacific Angler Fishing Charters--they're on the water all the time as well..putting lots of fish in the boxl...nice Grady Whites! The owner is Jason Tonelli-speak to him...these guys know their stuff! :)
www.vancouversalmonfishing.ca

Both these firms have boats on the water every day...

You can't go wrong in Vancouver at this time of year....

I'll be on the water every chance I get for the rest of the season so I'll see you out there!

Its tuesday anyone heard if dfo will have a sockeye opening soon in area 29.cant get thru and hoping to go out.

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook
Send us a Saltspring Report? I want to bring my girl over for some fishing. This is where we met.:D

Saltspring report?

Lotsa Hippies.:D

Just picked up the boat and headed to Bamfield to do some clean up & work out the problems. Found more problems then fish, spent more time at the dock then on the water. But the ratio should turn around by Friday when I should be back on the water. Anyone that wants to make a day trip, I'll probably have an open seat on Friday afternoon and saturday morning.

Drag'n'Fly
22' Blue & White Starcraft Islander

And so it begins, SOCKEYE madness opens Thursday August 5.

If anyone doesn't have a boat and would like to get out for this fishery, I know a couple of local Vancouver firms who may still have openings if they are not already booked.

For maximum results, these firms would be best to help you out.

Try:

BonChovy Fishing Charters
www.bonchovy.com (ask to speak to Jason or Jeff)

Pacific Angler Fishing Charters
www.vancouversalmonfishing.ca

Send me a PM if you need assistance.

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

Where do you see this opening? As far as I can see they will review again on Friday, til then it's still closed to sport fishermen.

Please correct me if I'm wrong....asap..:)

quote:Originally posted by Salmon Smoker

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

Where do you see this opening? As far as I can see they will review again on Friday, til then it's still closed to sport fishermen.

Please correct me if I'm wrong....asap..:)

Hey S Smoker, sox open on august 4 were just waiting for the next notice on retention limits:D
Che

Sunday was slow for me off Stanley Park. Released one wild coho.

Fished the morning at T-10 and south of T-10. Started the day off with anchovies on 2 of 4 lines and put the anchovies to rest for the day after 5 straight dogfish. Ended up with one 16 lb spring and two nice sockeyes and had a number of other hits that didn't stick.

Picked up 2 cut coho and lost a big brute at the boat, used yesterdays sockeye heads and tails in the traps today, total count for 2 traps 28 between the 2 and took home my 8,even the crabs like sockeye.
Played dodge the big guide boat for most of the day, this guy thinks because he comes out every day he knows the rules??? hell he should read a book about over taking vessels and who has the right away---- no the bigger boat does not= butt.

HPIM1274-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by flytyer

Picked up 2 cut coho and lost a big brute at the boat, used yesterdays sockeye heads and tails in the traps today, total count for 2 traps 28 between the 2 and took home my 8,even the crabs like sockeye.
Played dodge the big guide boat for most of the day, this guy thinks because he comes out every day he knows the rules??? hell he should read a book about over taking vessels and who has the right away---- no the bigger boat does not= butt.

HPIM1274-1.jpg

What was the guide boat? Just curious....

Teja what did you put down instead of anchovies to get the spring? What depth were you getting your fish at? Heading out tomorrow..

Back