Used fishing line for sale or trade

Hey fishflyguy , how much line do you need, I have the bottom half of a mooching rod! I don't want to cut in on GLG's action, but if he's not willing to deal , let me know. I have an asortment of nearly new line, I'm sure I've got what your looking for! Most of my line is pretty knicked & frayed but it has never caught fish, so it's still good. My finger's are crossed-- I'm felling lucky!!!

... Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

Sorry guys I have busy the last few days. I will try to get all caught up with my PM’s and Posts. It might take a while, but I promise I will get all this “awesome used fishing line” either delivered or put in the mail.

I did manage to get to Stripper Sniper’s place to deliver the 25 yards of line. If you remember he gave me the “half pack of anchovies” so I think this deal has gone down as promised. (Not like some guy’s I know, hint rhymes with riplipper) I can’t wait to take them to Brown’s Bay on Saturday to catch some dogs. I can’t believe I am having such rotten luck fishing for dogs this year. Anyhow my new anchovies look like they are in great shape. There’s some missing scales but I don’t think that will be a problem. I picked up some rigging heads from a garage sale last summer and my valuable collector hooks should make a ***y combination. I can’t miss. I tried talking a picture of the anchovies with my daughters camera to post on the website. Needles to say it did not go very well. Why go they make these things so complicated? Why can’t they just put words next to the buttons? No they have to put circles and arrows on the buttons, what’s that suppose mean? I’ll have to wait for my daughter to show me how to do this again.

GLG

Hey GLG, I can't thank you enough for dropping that line off. After running my fingers along the entire 25 yds, I think you might of given me the terminal end by mistake judging by all the nicks present. Oh well, if I am not mistaken you might of promised this primo section to someone else on this thread however, from my perspective, someone else's loss is my gain!;)
My plan for this scookum piece of line will be to convert the entire piece to leaders for use next year. In order to maximize the number of leaders that I can get I plan on making all of my leaders between 10" and 14", can't wait to report back next year! :D SS
ps I hate to mention this but I measured the length and it was only 24.79130 yds.......... what gives?:(
pss I also found 4 rusty swivels while cleaning out the boat yesterday so I am willing to throw these in for the balance of the line you owe me.
pss Oh yeah, it is STRIPER Sniper not "STRIPPER"

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Well thawing out those anchovies (from Stripper) was easier that I thought. I set them out in the sun this morning and checked them just now and I think they are ready for the brine. I have come up with my own recipe that I think will work. 1-cup water, 1-cup of salt and 2-table spoons of pepper. I’ll put them in my wife’s Tupperware container and freeze them over night. They should be “good to go” for Browns Bay on Saturday. My daughter helped me take a photo and paste it to the inter net. I really should write down her instruction but I just don’t have time for that.

DSCF0499.jpg

“Stripper” not “Striper” I get it, 10-4 your coming in loud and clear. Sorry about the line being a little short. If you want I will come over and fix it. I heard you could use a truck to stretch it a little to make up the short fall. We could tie one end to your boat and the other end to my truck and give it a pull. That should work. I will take those swivels, as a guy can never have to many swivels. What a great idea you had to cut the line up into short pieces. I wonder why I didn’t think of that. I have been buying my leaders from a website down in the states. It’s been getting a little expensive having them shipped up here.

Got to run and get my anchovies into the brine. Plus I just got and email from Island Fish Lifter that I have to answer.

GLG

Is it too late to get in on this action???

I've got an old rod with no eyes left on it...
and some old spare eyes for a fishing rod...

Hey wait a minute. I just got an idea...
I'll have to get back to you.

Tips

Hey GLG, those are good lookin' anchovies man...
if you don't use them all in the next couple months,
i would be willing to trade my boat's drain plug for a few ?
Canada post will ship to Victoria guaranteed within 3 days.

GLG BOY do I have a deal for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because you have had such a great response I have this well ummmmmmm hhhhhhhmmmmmmm "spool" sure ill call it that!!!!! Of great used (only the first half) fishing line some different varieties as well but mostly berclay hi vis green I bet there is at least a min. of 10 reels of it on this "spool" maybe closer to 15 to 20.

For what price???????? you Ask?????? well ill give it to you for future trade considerations (just like the NHL)
Are you interested?????
Sookesalmonpics2009084.jpg

p.s. lucky can not included
Wolf

Island Fish Lifter I got your email and yes I will be up at Browns Bay the same time you are. Sure we can hook up. OK I will monitor channel 68. I’m excited to meet you too. Well maybe not as excited as you seem to be. Ok I will look for you in the sailor hat with the large feather in it. That will be you I guess. You might want to rethink what you are going to wear because what you described to me might be very cold this time of the year. No I won’t be camping there that night, as I will be going home to my WIFE.
You are bringing those thrust washers right?
May I strongly suggest that we pass our gear out on the water from boat to boat. You can throw overhand can’t you?

GLG

Wolf I will be right over to pick up that fishing line.
Done deal....

GLG;)

hey big boy.. I cant wait to meet you;) And yes, I cant wait to see your pole... I can bring some extra washers if you like..

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Hey Wolf, that sure is a great looking Lucky can......:D Let me know if you ever decide to part with it. I think they must be worth something as GLG has 20 or so dozen stacked in his garage (all empty), I think he is a collector or something.;) SS

ps He also fishes with FA123, that might explain some of them.:D

seaswirlstiper.jpg

I thought I would bring everyone up to speed on where we are with the trades. As you know I have this awesome used fishing line that I have traded for various valuable fishing stuff. So far all the line has been spoken for but who knows a deal might fall through.

Island Fish Lifter has those left had thrust washers for my English bike. We will be meeting up at Browns Bay to make the trade. (Not sure about this Guy, he gives me the creeps)

Some so-called fisherman reneged on his deal and he is out.

Gypseas deal on his hooks looks like it will go through.

Millisy got those hard to find leaders and I think it will go through.

Tyee Slayer has that net that I need badly.

C Lyse list of fishing excuses will come in handy for someone on my xmas list

AlleyCat has some four legged hootchies. I can’t wait to try them I hear they really stand up

Fishassassin123 left handed downrigger is coming and should fit on my canoe

Bigragu must not have any hats like the Oak Bay Group guides wear, so no deal there.

Stripper Sniper’s deal has gone through and delivered as promised (thanks SS) the line might need a little fix but danthewire has a solution for that.

Wolf’s “project” plugs sound like a joke. He won’t read this so no one tell him I said that. I don’t want to hurt his “feelings”. He’s seems like a nice guy but not too swift. I think I can pull a fast one on him for some more used fishing line.

Not all the delivery details have been worked out but I trust all of you.
This trading stuff is cutting into my fishing time. I will try to answer all mail and posts.
Might take all winter to get it done.

GLG

PS ….. He scores… I Just picked up a whack of fishing line. Good stuff too. I grabbed it from the swift one.

So I fished Browns Bay HARD on Saturday. I can’t believe my rotten luck this year fishing for dogs. I used all of the anchovies that I prepared on Friday. I really need to watch my rods more carefully because I must have gotten hits on each one of them. Those dogs are sneaky they seem to be able to strip the anchovy from the teaser head without getting the hook in there mouths. That’s the only way I can explain why when I brought my gear up, for a smeg check, all that was left was a chunk of the head from the anchovy.
I did manage to get my thrust washers from Island Fish Lifter out on the water. Good call to make the trade there and not the parking lot. I’m not sure what to call him, fisherperson maybe??? All I can say is my daughter can throw better than he can. He keep wanting us to get closer and closer. I think he wanted to show me something and it wasn’t all the fish he caught.

Got to run, going fishing… GLG

I looked in my mailbox today and found that Canada Post delivered my package from Gypseas. If you have been following this thread you will recall we traded some experienced hooks for some awesome used fishing line. The note Gypseas sent tells me they are for fishing Pinks. While some look like they have caught fish, most look like they are brand new. They even come with leaders on them. I’m so excited to try these for fishing Pinks next year. I bet they will take more than my fair share. Special thanks to my daughter for helping me, once again, pasting the picture on the inter net. I took notes this time so I can do it on my own. I hope that works out.

DSCF0500.jpg

I like that part on the bottom of the package that says “Made for the Successful Fisherman” sounds like they were made just for me. Thanks Gypseas I will put them to good use.
GLG;)

quote:Originally posted by GLG

So I fished Browns Bay HARD on Saturday. I can’t believe my rotten luck this year fishing for dogs. I used all of the anchovies that I prepared on Friday. I really need to watch my rods more carefully because I must have gotten hits on each one of them. Those dogs are sneaky they seem to be able to strip the anchovy from the teaser head without getting the hook in there mouths. That’s the only way I can explain why when I brought my gear up, for a smeg check, all that was left was a chunk of the head from the anchovy.
I did manage to get my thrust washers from Island Fish Lifter out on the water. Good call to make the trade there and not the parking lot. I’m not sure what to call him, fisherperson maybe??? All I can say is my daughter can throw better than he can. He keep wanting us to get closer and closer. I think he wanted to show me something and it wasn’t all the fish he caught.

Got to run, going fishing… GLG

GLG...Im not sure if anyone told you this, but you need to use hooks with your anchovies. You see the sharp pointy part acctually sticks into there mouth making it much harder for the fish to take the bait. If you are at all inclined to be "A Sucsessful Fisherman" Then you may even consider the idea of "A Trailer Hook" ( no you dont purchase in a trailer park) Its a secondary hook trailing the bait (Must also be fixed to the line! Give Hooks a try! Let me know if it helps.

Worked For Me!!!!

-Steve

P.S. Im dissapointed that my Top half of the rod did not get any response.

Your disappointed ! .............. I have managed to gather together 13 hootchies of 5 legs or less that are proven catchers and again I emphasize "proven" and no counter offer , plus ............ wait for it .......... 2 beat up pink tubby squid imitations one has 5 LEGS ! ! and nice guy that I am I will throw those into the deal along with a quick change minus the swivel even.
How about that eh ?

AL

Don’t you guys read your PM’s? I have sent one to everyone who as posed on this thread.
I even got replies back from some of you. I have been busy the last few days putting together packages of awesome used fishing line. If you recall I got more line from the swift one. I ran out of my special spools and had to go to the liquor store to get more. I must admit after “emptying” the cans and winding up a bunch I didn’t feel to well. My wife didn’t appreciate the mess I made on her kitchen floor either. I had to promise her to stay out in the garage for the next batch. All’s I can say is thank goodness it’s heated and has a wonderful lazyboy there. It’s hard work “emptying” cans and spooling line. I sure hope you guys appreciate that. Got to go I have an email from Milsy to answer.

Milsy I’m glad you got my package of awesome used fishing line. I have been checking my mail and still nothing from you. I’m getting a little worried that your package has been lost. I hope you insured it. The chum derby is coming up and I need some leaders for it. My buddies keep telling me to make my own, but frankly I think yours would work better. If they don’t come by Friday, I will be up at Brown’s Bay for the weekend and maybe if you have any extras I can get them from you then.

Worried in the valley….GLG

Back