Tuna tackle

They are open-faced spinning reels. I'll make sure that we're wearing gloves, thx for that.
I had asked a few questions about popping and other casting lures. Generally speaking, the consensus was that you would catch some fish, but that type of fishing seems to be more effective for BFT and YFT.
So I bought the flat-fall/butterfly jigs only.

I also found that the Sharks stayed off the hard jigs as well. Which helpS. Sharks is an issue when stopped using bait and soft baits. They do a number on the leaders when hooked up. It's not their teeth thats the issue its their skin which chafes the line when they role in it. Annoying as hell. I have some ideas for the Sharks that do not include fin soup. I wonder what the deal is with the Sharks. Are there sharky years and less sharky years or are there always Sharks with the tunas? It's no help that the boat is always leaving a trail of tuna blood.

This tape from Lee Valley is easy to wear and helps prevent line cuts I use it bottom fishing.

If you live in a 'horsey' area you can probably get it cheaper from a tack shop-same stuff.

22r6991s2.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0004.JPG I am giving the Mini (4 inch)Sumo M10 jet a go this year in the troll spread. Its pictured on the right next to one of my Zukers for reference

Back