Interesting.
Never thought of doing that with tuna.

Looks like I better rethink that...

Cheers & Thanks!

Interesting.
Never thought of doing that with tuna.

Looks like I better rethink that...

Cheers & Thanks!
Hey I don’t see any glaze that goes on in your original recipe? Is that correct? And I’ll let you know how it turns out first time doing it

Hey I don’t see any glaze that goes on in your original recipe? Is that correct? And I’ll let you know how it turns out first time doing it

There is a glaze alright.

Page 2 of this post provides the details:

Cheers

Cheers
Got it thank you very much!

Cheers
This is 24 hrs was thinking they should be ready for the fans by the end of the day?

Attachments

• IMG_8965.jpeg
    IMG_8965.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8964.jpeg
    IMG_8964.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 22
I would gladly take the bellies and give crew the rest of each fish! Absolutely the best part! Here’s a recipe I got from some Southern California folks on BloodyDecks. Works amazing. The key is fish temp, not smoker temp. Don’t go over 140°F, oops 60°C ;).
IMG_0347.png

All wrapped up, the smaller thinner pieces could have used either less brine or less smoke time as there almost caramalized? But the strips about 1/2-3/4 inch thick are absolutely perfect
Did about 30 hrs in brine 24 hrs under fans glazed after 9
Then smoked around 120-130 for 5.5 hrs never went over 130 this is finished product.
If I was to get into smoking more I think I would build my own big smoker to get quite a bit more in for the work it is! And to the guys who spent all the time writing there recipes and such detailed instructions can’t thank you guys enough! Stuff like this is why I love this forum! @Derby @IronNoggin
Hope everyone has a safe and fun Xmas!

Attachments

• IMG_8983.jpeg
    IMG_8983.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8982.jpeg
    IMG_8982.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 20
All wrapped up, the smaller thinner pieces could have used either less brine or less smoke time as there almost caramalized? But the strips about 1/2-3/4 inch thick are absolutely perfect
Did about 30 hrs in brine 24 hrs under fans glazed after 9
Then smoked around 120-130 for 5.5 hrs never went over 130 this is finished product.
If I was to get into smoking more I think I would build my own big smoker to get quite a bit more in for the work it is! And to the guys who spent all the time writing there recipes and such detailed instructions can’t thank you guys enough! Stuff like this is why I love this forum! @Derby @IronNoggin
Hope everyone has a safe and fun Xmas!
Nogs gummy bear salmon is basically caramelized candy consistency. Like a gummy bear... duh. Not like anything I've ever had elsewhere.

BTS is a great place to score bellies before they hit the drink….eh Deryk!!!
Harper and I had some candied and peppered up from St. Jeans. Basically cost you your left nut but goddam it was good.

Back