Trim Tabs and Rough water Operation

I have 220Liters on both sides so the makes about 700Lbs which is located much further back in the boat than yours. this could easily be reason.
That’s sure a possibility. I carry
I am going to lift the motors and do the trim tabs first. Going for new Props is a couple grand investment I would prefer only do as a last resort. Wife is going to be angry as I told her few months ago I am done spending money on the boat......
Not sure who you are dealing with but my Merc dealer let me try several different prop combinations whenever i went with new power to make sure i had the correct setup for my boat. Maybe they will too?

I am going to lift the motors and do the trim tabs first. Going for new Props is a couple grand investment I would prefer only do as a last resort. Wife is going to be angry as I told her few months ago I am done spending money on the boat......
Seems like this might cause more drag though where the other options might improve it?

Seems like this might cause more drag though where the other options might improve it?

I thought the same thing. I can understand how those extensions would work, however the trim tabs are not the problem at this point in time. Get the boat running st the correct rpm efficiently first. If need be, then I would shim the tabs. It's easier and less drag.

Props are a must

That and I absolutley hate when I have to drill a bunch of holes through stainless. Just makes me want to go home early that day lol

The props are 16 X 17P Enertia Eco

I think when going to 4 blades I would need to go down 1-2 pitch sizes? I think when we tested we where pretty close to optimum with the that configuration but I do remember the Tech saying we could squeeze a little more speed if we when up one pitch size.

Based on that I would have to go to a Revolution 4 16 X 15P? I will ask inlet if they can get me some test props....

The only negative I see is possible smacking those on debris at speed and doing damage to the tabs, just because they hang down in the flow all the time.

Pretty sure your max rpm should be 5000 to 5800 am I off here?

I'd say the pitch is right. That's pretty good. Only reason to change to 4 blade would be for slow planning speeds, stern lift and hole shot

No directly from the manual, 4600-5400, I think the SeaPros specify lower WOT range.

So you would keep the 17P in a four blade or go down to 15P?

Ahh I see. Well then your def in range.

And at the top end of that range. I would go with 17p and with a 14.25 or 14.5 diameter . The props you have right now are huge. So if your getting 5200 with a 16 diameter then try a 14.5 first 4 blade 17.

Are you in vancouver area?

I think the merc revolution 4 props are stern lifters. These will not be cheap.

The props you have now are bow lifting speed props. Not designed one bit for your application. Some props dig down, and some dig up. All in the rake and cupping.

I could let you tryout some turning point props if you want. Just cant scratch them. You might like them. Save alot of money with turning point. Alot of people like them.

Be around 650 each with hub kits

Solas will not be available till end of april. They are behind on supply right now.

I think the merc revolution 4 props are stern lifters. These will not be cheap.

The props you have now are bow lifting speed props. Not designed one bit for your application. Some props dig down, and some dig up. All in the rake and cupping.

I could let you tryout some turning point props if you want. Just cant scratch them. You might like them. Save alot of money with turning point. Alot of people like them.

Be around 650 each with hub kits

Solas will not be available till end of april. They are behind on supply right now.
Ship Happens is making you a good offer. I'd recommend taking advantage and I predict that you will be very happy after seeing what a good 4 blade does for your boat. Sure there's some expense up front but it will be repaid in fuel savings and better boat handling.

Get your engine height dialled in before playing with props

Words of wisdom in that comment...and my experience with 4 blades—-yes, good for low speed planing and for winching the stern out of the water but be prepared to see your fuel burn go north...I turned a 16” 4-blade on my DF300. A few summers ago I used that prop to shave a rock down a few millimeters at 15 knots to help out my fellow boaters.....

I had a 3 blade spare to get me home so that part worked....but my jaw hit my chest when I saw my fuel burn rate go south by 9 - 10% compared to the 4-blade...

What I ended up doing to solve tail-drag and bow float.....I had a sponson welded on to the bottom of the existing Armstrong bracket to add stern floatation...the weld bead shows the added sponson which carried the dimensions of the existing engine bracket down so it was flush with the bottom of the boat....best money I ever spent on that boat

Attachments

• 01B68583-9D88-4B75-BBA0-632727BFE1AA.jpeg
    01B68583-9D88-4B75-BBA0-632727BFE1AA.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 90
Pineapple express is right in alot of ways. However, go look at the specs on those enertia eco props. Has a rake for bow lift.

Another note that is a heavy boat. I did a few pod refits on some 24ft seasports a few years back. 3 of them. Heavy boats indeed

I'll grant you I don't have personal experience with the Enertia ECO. It's been recommended to me for my particular boat and I'd love to try one. In my reading generally on THT about the ECO it achieves its claims of improved holeshot and cruise economy.

We're not talking about bow-lift like an old Merc High-5 prop!:p

Back