Supreme Court Ruling - Native vs Non Native

The one Country one set of rules argument is so shortsighted, the issue is way more complex and has taken many years and hundreds of lawyers to work out, and yet some people still keep
coming back to this line of reasoning. Lobby your MP if you want to do something productive because taking a complex issue and simplfying it and over generalizing as we have already seen in the previous posts will only make you look like a half wit.
Maybe it's the lawyers that are to blame,i know they don't eve want to see any claims settled.I just hate seeing fish used as bait for land claims or is that fish claims?

no, you definitely where not telling how you see it, i think you were pointing out what a narrow minded rascist which you are....you obviously have not been on the other side of the fence,, ever suffered any in-equalities in your lifetime because of what others have portrayed you as, before even giving you chance? me thinks not. grade three must have been the toughest five years of your life.

I have seen the same thing as phisbonk. Not always. But the majority of the time. We have great native friends and many work very hard to make a living. But the vast majority expect the govt to solve their problems. Not themselves. Sorry, that's the way it should be.

The one Country one set of rules argument is so shortsighted, the issue is way more complex and has taken many years and hundreds of lawyers to work out, and yet some people still keep
coming back to this line of reasoning. Lobby your MP if you want to do something productive because taking a complex issue and simplfying it and over generalizing as we have already seen in the previous posts will only make you look like a half wit.

This situation has only been made more and more complex . Continually giving people handouts will never help them stand on there own two feet. It's time to turn this tap off. This is 2012 and any person who is born today owes the natives sweet F all. Any person that thinks a certain group of people should have different rights and receive compensation from another group of people in the same country is a quarter wit.

no, you definitely where not telling how you see it, i think you were pointing out what a narrow minded rascist which you are....you obviously have not been on the other side of the fence,, ever suffered any in-equalities in your lifetime because of what others have portrayed you as, before even giving you chance? me thinks not. grade three must have been the toughest five years of your life.

You want to talk in-equalities?A person can be 1/64th and get status,I have friends that work in EI that don't pay tax while working in Duncan cause the EI building is on reserve land.I know a guy that works in a mill that is on reserve land that dosn't pay tax yet his kids go to school with my kids,is that equal?Lets not forget the minority groups that get to the head of the line with jobs like the RCMP so don't even get me started on this subject quarter wit.

I say we give all band members two million bucks n then put bars n chevy dealers all around the reserves.A good thin they don'tlike work or they might take up guiding.
You are one messed up dude.
Seek help.....

You want to talk in-equalities?A person can be 1/64th and get status,I have friends that work in EI that don't pay tax while working in Duncan cause the EI building is on reserve land.I know a guy that works in a mill that is on reserve land that dosn't pay tax yet his kids go to school with my kids,is that equal?Lets not forget the minority groups that get to the head of the line with jobs like the RCMP so don't even get me started on this subject quarter wit.

now your making sense not rascism. much better

No one "likes" work. We do it because we have to.

This is an issue that's probably better than 300 years in the making. Looking at it from a small window, present day, will only frustrate you beyond belief! No government or courts, in the foreseeable future, will touch these issues, IMO. With our national government having to publicly appologize for the atrocities done to these people generations ago, which has nothing to do with any of us, you will never in your lifetime see an equal playing field. Regardless if it's right or wrong.

This is an issue that's probably better than 300 years in the making. Looking at it from a small window, present day, will only frustrate you beyond belief! No government or courts, in the foreseeable future, will touch these issues, IMO. With our national government having to publicly appologize for the atrocities done to these people generations ago, which has nothing to do with any of us, you will never in your lifetime see an equal playing field. Regardless if it's right or wrong.

Very well said. Good reminder to look at the big picture, it does help ease frustration and buying into the one country, one set of rules argument.

Back