Any marine shops near the Vancouver/Washington border carry non-copper anti fouling paint?

Hot-Streak

I have to go to Richmond for an embassy event this weekend. I will be staying with friends in White Rock. Was thinking I'd go over to the US and get some paint for my aluminum boat.

Is there a marine supplier near the boarder or withing reasonable distance that I could buy 1 gallon of non-copper bottom paint such as Trilux II or Trilux 33? or other alternatives?

Thanks everyone,

I was able to slip down to Bellingham and back in about 1 hour (across the boarder and back) and picked up some paint and a few other goodies!

not super close but try poco marine

Thanks but I went over to Bellingham and got what I needed.
Hi,

Did you do declare the Trilux 33 at the boarder? I have an aluminums boat and used my last can of trilux2 last season.

My wife is going to Bellingham next week but is worried about being hassled at the boarder.

Many thanks,
Keith

I didn't get Trilux but some other brand of bottom paint that works for aluminums. At the customs/boarder I was directed and said I just popped over to WA state for a quick run to a boating store. I said I went to get a special brand of boat boat paint because

1) It was on sale (which it was) and
2) that I couldn't fiend that brand in Canada (which was also true).

They asked if I had a receipt and I said I did. As I reached for it the agent waved me through and didn't even charge me duty for it.

I don't think boarder agents are fussed about the type of paint. They are more concerned with if you are trying to smuggle drugs, guns, etc. I am sure most of them don't even know about Aluminum antifouling paints.

Worst thing they might say is you can't keep the paint or won't let you pass with it in which case you could go back and return the paint. I was about 1 hour or so from the boarder, store and back to Canada.

Last edited:
Why non copper? Isn't the copper the good stuff? I'm asking because I'm about to pay a premium to have my boat copper painted.

Micron CSC is all you need on a glass boat
My boat is aluminum. I went to get the trilux 2 redone, even though the guy had ample trilux left. I walked out ready to spend the big bucks on copper. I'm moving marinas from mosquito creek to pt roberts. Point Roberts marina is shallow and the growth is crazy. He claims the copper coat will last up to 4-5 years. I have no idea, but I'm sure someone on the forum will know.

My boat is aluminum. I went to get the trilux 2 redone, even though the guy had ample trilux left. I walked out ready to spend the big bucks on copper. I'm moving marinas from mosquito creek to pt roberts. Point Roberts marina is shallow and the growth is crazy. He claims the copper coat will last up to 4-5 years. I have no idea, but I'm sure someone on the forum will know.
Oh sorry. For some reason I thought you had a glass boat

Back