Sooke2015

Managed 5 springs this morning. Kept the biggest at 11lb. A couple of small coho too. All on the sitka spoon. Pink bite turned on around 930, then I quit.

What a difference one day can make. Only about 8 pinks today for 6 hours fishing, 7 sockeye as well (3-4 were really small, smaller than PA socks) and landed 4 springs out of 9....largest 25 1/2 pounds. Nice day by myself for the most part. The sunrise shot I took yesterday...looked cooler in person.

BTW the guy above is from TO and told me that recently some hottie in a bar grabbed his butt and said hey Matts I'm having a party over at that table if you want to join us. He does kinda look like Sundin.

Englishman, I was not happy with my roll and I went on Youtube and saw the guy from Murphy's Lodge demonstrate the positioning of the treble hook and man, did it make the roll tight! My hubby tried it on Sunday and he caught a 16 lber within 15 minutes!! was it luck? or technique............ Xena

Well I did an experiment today I took my biggest lure the iron needle to see if the pinks would just leave it alone..Nope. The pinks went absolutely mental for that thing.. Both silver and gold version. That just shows you big bait, small bait, tin can..they bite on anything...Started late today very late no springs today but was nice to be out after a week or so....

Yes RR I think we had those fish you had day before...Beyond annoying couldn't even get gear down without hitting pinks today...

Well I did an experiment today I took my biggest lure the iron needle to see if the pinks would just leave it alone..Nope. The pinks went absolutely mental for that thing.. Both silver and gold version. That just shows you big bait, small bait, tin can..they bite on anything.....

SSHHH. jeepers dude. those things dont work. :rolleyes:

JL

Fished secretary and trap shack today. Nothing but pinks. No lie we must have got fifty of the little buggers.
Bait, spoons, hootchies.....didn't matter. 45 feet to 120 feet fish on at all depths. We had double headers ,triple headers, and quadruple headers and were only fishing 2 rods. Lol
Really hoping for some chinooky tomorrow.

fished secretary from 7:30-10am

first fish was a 9lb spring, then a pink, 2 hatchery cohos and finally 2 more pinks.

I only had 1 pack of large bait today, so we switched to hootchies for our last 3 fish

Monday evening, 12 lb chinook and 5 pinks in some nasty winds/waves. We were the only vehicle in the parking lot, only boat on the water ! This morning, 16 pinks, 4 coho in the boat and likely twice as many lost off secretary. Great fun fishing with my nephews from for their first salmon. Smoker, smoker, smoker....

Good little snap at the trap this morning. Ended up 2 outa 3 for springs. Nothing to brag about but nice teeners. Saw some other boats land nice springs as well including one that was apparently around 30. Then an endless supply of pinks and a few cohos mixed in which were all wild. One ho had some shoulders already and must have pushed 8#. Fun day.

Wow, what a great day today! One of my most memorable days of fishing! Despite the iffy wind forecast I dared to take 4 kids out and they....well let's have the pictures do the talking. You think they had fun?

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

chris73 those are some great pics and happy kids. Can't wait till i get there with the family this weekend for some holidays and looking forward to great days like that on the water.

That's awesome Chris,, man those boys look like they had a blast..

Good on yah man..

Great catch Chris!! Nice to see kids out having a blast! Lots of nice ones being caught plus tons of pinks to keep you busy! 4" watermelon spoon no flasher caught out biggest yesterday, what a battle!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 672
Last edited by a moderator:
Went out this morning at Possession / Secretary, looked like lots of pinks not much else, got a 32 lb there on tues though.. that was sweet.

Back