Sooke2015

Went surfing today around the trap and the head. Big water for a small boat. Ended with 11 pinks (guess we can't count), 2 beauty sockeye tossed back and my uncle from alberta bonked off a teenage spring with the net. Saw orcas and got really close to a humpback whale. Early for them isn't it? I've seeen a few out there lately including one that came almost clear out of the water on thursday.

Went surfing today around the trap and the head. Big water for a small boat. Ended with 11 pinks (guess we can't count), 2 beauty sockeye tossed back and my uncle from alberta bonked off a teenage spring with the net. Saw orcas and got really close to a humpback whale. Early for them isn't it? I've seeen a few out there lately including one that came almost clear out of the water on thursday.

Playing with life... That was seriously nasty weather to be out in today especially east.

does anyone have a scanned map of where the bluffs and trap are. haven't a clue. new to fishing the area. thanks guys

Tks Lazy Bones. that's a huge help. Now to figure out where the fish are so when my family from Ontario come sat I can get them into the fish sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished the trap to Beechy yesterday morning for a few hours, pulled in a nice Spring just under 20 and lost a big one at the boat **sad face** all on green teaser heads and chovies.

Fished Pedder Bay this morning from 6-9. Lost one decent Spring, caught a wee one, and kept one pink. Saw a mid teen Spring being cleaned at the dock. Decent amount of boats out this morning fishing the kelp beds.

Decent day today, hit 5 springs and landed 3 the largest going 20 pounds. Pinks weren't to bad and found a few coho today as well. Still shallow and in shallower water as well. Did a long one way tack from OP to the light then hung around up west for the balance of the trip. Quite a few shaker springs biting early on too.

yeah same here landed 3 springs. pinks werent bad and had to let 3 socks go and yes shallow 45 on the sitka spoon that 9 -2 for spoon in 3 days of fishing against bait as i cant stand trying to keep bait down when pinks are this bad. Waste of bait and time trying to rebait all the time..as you know bait takes a bit of time to get smashed after putting it down for 2 mins.

like Rollie said shallow too

Good luck Wolf

Hey Pro Fisher
Do you have a guiding web site?
can you post it for me?

Rayvon...he was there this morning and was showing off his long line release methods to us!!! I think he was 0 for 3 He was alone so there is his out. lol

Went out in the rain this morning, after a week of howling winds kept us off the water. Fished 6:30am until 11:00, along the Bluffs and Possession. Pinks everywhere except maybe less down near trailer park. No chinooks and all I saw on the other boats was pinks being brought in. Lots of boats headed to Otter and points west early on. Maybe they did better.....?

Went out in the rain this morning, after a week of howling winds kept us off the water. Fished 6:30am until 11:00, along the Bluffs and Possession. Pinks everywhere except maybe less down near trailer park. No chinooks and all I saw on the other boats was pinks being brought in. Lots of boats headed to Otter and points west early on. Maybe they did better.....?

Yeah same here, one Spring under 20 came in that i saw off possession everything else was pinks. I kept seeing people using nets to bring in their catch, but they were just noobs with pinks... or perhaps they really enjoy untangling hooks from nets for 20 minutes. Dad got frustrated after an hour of humpy-hell so we left after 90 minutes.

2 for 4 today largest 22 1/2...both clipped. More pinks today too and 4-5 trays of bait gone. Heard the whales showed up after we left too.

Saw some guys load their boat at Esq with a 31 and an 18 from OB flats today. Sounds like a few big ones over there coming in last little while.

Back