Sooke

M

Mongoose

Hi, im in need of catching some fish, and it sounds like the all the fish all out at sooke. so it makes sence to fish sooke but i have never been out fishing there. i have no knowledge of the area to where to fish. all i know is that i can launch the boat at sunny shores or other boat ramps but where do i go from there ( out in the water ie left and right) and whats the best time to fish there, im thinking of going out on sunday

Mongoose--Go in the afternoon as there is a nice mid afternoon high slack. For your first trip out of sunny Shores either follow someone out of the harbour and mark some waypoints or get a chart and watch the bouys as you go out. Once you get beyond the spit into open water, I would reccomend you go out to Secretary Island which is "left". You will see a fleet of boats fishing in several spots around the island--get the worms in and have fun.
T2

if your going out sunday there should be lots of boats to follow out of sunny shores, what time you gonna head out? and what type of boat you fishing from? maybe someone might be there to show you out, especially if it is early and the fog is in thick

i dont know when im going to go out, maybe in the afternoon, its a white 15.5' k&c and it has a blue stripe that goes 3/4 of the boat lenght. and it will have a big black net sticking right up by the motor. and it has a large engine (115hp) merc outboard.

but i also could launch from pedder bay. and just turn right till i see boats fishing then drop the lines. Or could some one take me out there. i could bring my gear and pitch in for gas money..

I leave the dock tommorow at 6 am(sunny shores) i can show you the way out if you like.if not good luck

Wolf

Mongoose, an offer like that from Wolf is the best you are going to get.

Tight lines

alright ill be down at sunny shores around or before 6am. hopefully my truck as enough gas in it.

Back