Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

There are fish being taken in the morning and yesterday so I heard. we ended up with 6 out of 9, all between 12-17 pounds. Seems to still be mostly smaller fish which is ok, better than nothing. The fish today were 3 wilds (smaller stubby fish including one white, then 3 hatchery which were bigger and longer fish) All 3 hatches came from far west.

Out from 1-6 started at secretary and got a double in the deep water , both about 10Lbs, tried to stay around but it started flooding Hard, went down to the trap and i think I saw Sudsy leave, got two hits about 6 both at 49Ft, Anchovies got all hits Good Day Driller The Bite was good in the AM on Tues and Wed at the Trap, seemed to slow down about 9-10 :)

Hi Jeff
why would I not expect anything else from you Osama Jeff...
Obviously you have not been reading my posts.
Haven't heard from you since you finished your stint commercial fishing Springs off the North Island
How did you make out?
Why not post something worthwhile, like where and how you are catching Springs now.
Hope you get your fair share! I hear it's good off Banfield right now....
Oh by the way, friends who chartered with you last year are found someone else...they said you were a jerk
the guys like to see fun poked at guys now and then...so thanks for the poke.

#1 Learn how to quote

qm.gif
d04db540-15de-4486-937d-ad756751636f.jpg

#3 It would seem that there are a few newer members that have contributed to most of the crap on this board.... and a lot of good guys have left because of it. Don't be one of them

P.S. Sorry about the fur baby Osama.. It's always hard man

#1 Learn how to quote

qm.gif
d04db540-15de-4486-937d-ad756751636f.jpg

#3 It would seem that there are a few newer members that have contributed to most of the crap on this board.... and a lot of good guys have left because of it. Don't be one of them

P.S. Sorry about the fur baby Osama.. It's always hard man
ok...I surrender again....can't fight the "brotherhood"
Had enough of this poking fun at each other...
Thank goodness for the guys who post fishing reports...

I rather go out and get fish then rely on a anonymous board to track them.

There is the 90% and the 10%

Don't be a douche and we'll all got along fine.

Was out from 2:30-6 nota bite, whats the deal, is the morning bite the only time people are catching fish???? Saw a few other boats out but no nets out....

Morning bite.... Nah I prefer the evening.

SookeSalmonJune22nd2012003.jpg

SookeSalmonJune22nd2012004.jpg

SookeSalmonJune22nd2012009.jpg

Was on fire tonight. out from 12:30-7pm Hit 5 springs 12-26pounds. Lost a few good ones one we saw was about 20 pounds and another about 15. All fish were 66 and 75 on the riggers. And one good one on the top line with the bannana weight and a spoon.

Enjoy the reports.

-Steve

ok...I surrender again....can't fight the "brotherhood"
Had enough of this poking fun at each other...
Thank goodness for the guys who post fishing reports...

Its guys like you who make me think twice about posting reports and pictures. Like all you are here for is info and thats all that matters. If you want to know where the fish are, or what they are hitting go out and find out yourself. Its not rocket science its hard work and determination. Give it a rest.

-Steve

The phone report was better..... Junior.. :D

Let's see what captain buzzkill has to say about this post
emo-coffee.gif

If I wrote out nice long detailed reports sombody will just **** all over it and I will get put down for putting pictures up. OH NO! I think you can see a few islands in the back ground now my spot is going to be crowded! LMFAO. I dont give a danm. I just want to gloat a little when its due. And it feels pretty danm good!

Thanks to Capitan Buzzkill its detail free reports!

YUUUUUP!

-Steve

damn*..........

FF89 nice report. Great to see the photos too. Keep them coming. Not sure whats going on with this thread, but, lets keep the focus on the fish and not the jo's....

Those Coho's should be here shortly! Atleast its somthing to fill the gaps between the Springs. Im thinking im into it for about 35 hours fishing and one 14 pounder! I cant seem to mark any fish anywhere either. Maybe 5-6 fish each trip. I would say you have to work hard for your fish. But I havent even seen many caught. Maybe 3-4 fish in that time.

That would be strange if the winds effected your fishing results. I will keep it in mind when I start catching again.

-Steve​
From fishfly guy in 2010 LOL LOL when fishing was atad bit slower and you were ready to throw in the towel!!!!
Well buddy Im happy your getting fish amazing how you have turned it around in just 1 and a half years but remember fishing right now is good wait till it gets tougher, be humble and have fun.

Good luck Wolf

Out from 1-6 started at secretary and got a double in the deep water , both about 10Lbs, tried to stay around but it started flooding Hard, went down to the trap and i think I saw Sudsy leave, got two hits about 6 both at 49Ft, Anchovies got all hits Good Day Driller The Bite was good in the AM on Tues and Wed at the Trap, seemed to slow down about 9-10 :)

Yah that was me, i started out at secretary but the tide was pushing really hard, headed to the trap for bit, lotsa garbage in the water so picked up and headed back up to secretary for the final push of the flood, no dice for me, definetly starting to get frustrated, i just switched from cable to braided so would be nice to get a bite to prove thats not the problem...seems like operator error to me...i gota step my game up!!!!

Was supposed to go out with a buddy this morning and he never showed up so I decided to go out myself rather then going back to bed. Got to the trap at about 5:30 and instantly had about an 8 pounder on which I threw back to live another day. Then at about 730 I get a good fish on and start playing it when all of a sudden the other rod pops off the clip. So I set the hook good on the one I thought was smaller and keep playing the other fish. Of course both fish are doing completely different things and going everywhere but I managed to get the first one in and grab the other rod which is now slack and quickly reel it up to find the other fish was still on. So I got him in the boat as well. The bigger one went about 27 and the other maybe about 18. Great day and just a battle for one person but extremely exciting. Thank you to "Afternoon delight" and countless other boats that I did not see the name of for moving outta the way as I did circles around trying to get these salmon.

Was supposed to go out with a buddy this morning and he never showed up so I decided to go out myself rather then going back to bed. Got to the trap at about 5:30 and instantly had about an 8 pounder on which I threw back to live another day. Then at about 730 I get a good fish on and start playing it when all of a sudden the other rod pops off the clip. So I set the hook good on the one I thought was smaller and keep playing the other fish. Of course both fish are doing completely different things and going everywhere but I managed to get the first one in and grab the other rod which is now slack and quickly reel it up to find the other fish was still on. So I got him in the boat as well. The bigger one went about 27 and the other maybe about 18. Great day and just a battle for one person but extremely exciting. Thank you to "Afternoon delight" and countless other boats that I did not see the name of for moving outta the way as I did circles around trying to get these salmon.
Way to go Buddy, got to love those kind of days. We were in the same spot all morning and saw about a dozen fish taken. Seemed to be on the smaller size today, but nice to see people playing fish. Sadly no fish for us, wanted to stay and fish the flood but had things to do and the weather didn't look like it was going to hold up.

Way to go, trophy2005.Talk about an adrenalin rush/cluster f#*% when you get a double header alone,eh!! The most
fun I've ever had fishn' Springs was a similar thing that happened early morning off Otter Point several years back.
After an hour of playing fish,I returned to the marina with my limit by 7:00 am, 35 and 25lbs.My legs were just like
rubber from the shear exitement. I'll never forget it!!

Hate to dampen your fun but......isn't it just 1 fish over 67 cm, wild or hatchery until you get west of Sheringham? 18 pounds is a little over the 67 cm.

Another awesome day fishing Sooke with our 2 over and 2 under. You are so right Rolly. People need to read and understand the regs.

Back