Sidney

Do the Pinks come through the Sidney channel between James and Sidney Island or are they only found off the Pender Bluffs?

Sidneyboy

Most of the chinooks caught on Constance, waterfront and OB are not Fraser fish that will pass Sidney they are Puget sound fish. Ive caught 3 wild mature springs and over 50 hatchery mature springs. So a few Fraser fish heading Sidney way but not nearly the #'s victoria is seeing.

fished Saturday Friday for a few hrs and Saturday all day off the Pender Bluffs. Tonnes of fish on the sounder, tonnes of bait showing. Most fish in bottom 30 ft from 140 to 280 water depths, with some jumpers on top, but none in the boat for me after trying bait, plastic, spoons on the troll and jigging over schools too. I only saw 3 fish caught this weekend and they were small pinks on the troll. I am very thankful for the prawning and crabbing in the Saanich Inlet!

I was told a white/pearlcoyote spoon with a green stipe down the centre was working at fairfax on Wednesday for the springs.

Fished the bluffs yesterday with my son. Lots of pinks, boated three and released a coho between 9 and 10. After that it was dead until 1330 when my son picked up another pink.

Back