SFBC Braggarts Fishing Derby

I've updated the list a couple pages back with some new prizes that were just confirmed. The value count is now $20,400.00 in prizes including the trophies!!! Still a few more to confirm yet as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't imagine how much work rounding that amount up would be. Fixed it.

Just to let any guides who will be entered in the derby. We will have a specific draw for a marketing package for your business. Should be worth about $1,000.00. Once you enter a fish ask about the guide draw and you can drop a business card in the draw bucket for that prize.

We have also invited the Pink Salmon Festival to be on site at Pedder Bay for the wrap up on Sunday. They will be selling last minute raffle tickets for their prizes and then drawing the winners that afternoon. I'm sure they will be willing to take any volunteer skippers who would like to sign up and get involved in a real feel good event. Those who have volunteered in past years know how rewarding this short outing with the kids can be.

Was out there Saturday and can't skip for the festival but bought a few raffle passes in case I get skunked like this last weekend!

A few more prizes to add
A Standard Horizon VHF Radio from Silver Streak Boats
2 - 18 Hole Golf passes with power carts from Highland Pacific Golf
2- harbour tours from Victoria Harbour Ferry

Barring any last minute hiccups (play on words intended) it looks like we will have Hoyne Brewery on site and we will be able to sell you a bevy when you come to weigh fish and for the closing ceremony. Just have to get a special occasion license approved. Also Oak Bay Marine Group has donated a couple more prizes to the pot, 2 nights in their RV park with moorage and as a separate prize a 10 launch punch card.

I just numbered all the prizes so we are organized for the awards ceremony and we have 75 prizes to give out between, the draw, hidden weights, juniors etc. We have a couple of nice prizes for the largest salmon and the largest halibut that are released. Check back here after 8pm on Friday June 14th (after I get back from selling side bet tickets at Wise Buys) to see what item you must have in the foreground of your photo to qualify. On top of the prizes we have 46 bags of tackle to give away to those who miss out on the draws.

Well done Rollie and those that have donated their time and prizes....I really hope this is well attended, should be a blast. I have my room booked for 2 nights in Sooke, may have to get together for a cocktail Friday or Saturday night if anyone is interested. I don't know the area, so if someone has an idea feel free to post it.

burnsy, there will be a bunch of us with campers and trailers at the Pedder Bay RV park. You are welcome to join in our social activities there...lol

I got all the liquor licensing paper work done today and approved. So we will be able to sell you a Hoyne Draft on both Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon at Pedder Bay Marina. All proceeds to the Southern Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition.

Guys tickets are selling briskly, and contrary to what some might think there is a limited number printed. I printed about 375 tickets and the sponsors got about 70 of those. Like other derbies, once they are gone we won't be printing more. Two more nice prizes added today to the pool already clogging up my garage, courtesy of Jes Vanin. We are up to 80 draw prizes now. Still expecting a few more this week. Couple of things to pass on. As there will be beer sold on both Saturday and Sunday (with all proceeds going to SVIAC) I want to ask out of respect for our host Pedder Bay Marina and the OBMG. Please enjoy your beverages in and around the area they are being sold. Do not wonder through the RV park area unless you are a guest in the park. We want to be good guests so we are welcome back for future events.
Secondly I want to thank Dave at Envisions 3D Studios for an awesome job of creating our two custom trophies. He did this at a greatly reduced cost, donating much of his time to help us out. Just to remind you of his work, here is our poster(and T-shirt) boy!!!

www.envision3dstudio.com

YUUPP!! - Just got the green light from all my boss's, good to go. Should be fun, and for a great cause.

got mine today. love that trophy. it fits in perfectly with my wife's decorating scheme in the living room. LOL.

Had a question to clarify draw prizes today. As the rules state one prize per ticket. But, if you win the side bet or one of the trophies you are still able to win a draw prize. If you win one of the hidden weight prizes and then get your name gets drawn for a draw prize (or vise verse) you will have to choose the one you want. The prize you don't pick goes back up into the draw pool. So we are treating the hidden weights as a draw prize.
Lots of interest in the side bet tickets and remember only one more chance to get in for the cash prizes for either the largest hatchery salmon, wild salmon or halibut. 5-7pm on Friday at Wise Buys tickets are $50 each per person and all proceeds to the winners.

Back