SFBC Braggarts Fishing Derby

I agree with the S.F.Banana Cup thing - brilliant!

Forgive me Rolly(& Brian @ SFBC), no offense intended. I wasn't really party to organizing this derby and I misunderstood; thought it was an A.C. thing.

Me and Chris73 will be meeting Monday night and will pass along any new details. I'm leaning towards making an executive decision to change the name to the one favoured here.

Bump.

S -Sportfishing
F - Fishing
B- Banana
C-Cup
Makes sense and the trophy should suit as well.

Awesome stuff profisher!

Just a bump for your Monday meeting lol.

Looks like later in the week for our get together, Chris has a prior for Monday night. BTW there is a 2nd trophy planned for the largest halibut but that will remain a surprise for the winner.

Maybe the winner should have to sport a banana hammock. Actually i will wear one even if i dont win!

Lorne

That will likely cause a drastic loss of membership and likely the end of the Banana Cup LOL

That idea would save us some money as we could downsize it quite a bit to fit you Lorne. ;)

Anyone thinking of boating over from the Vancouver for a couple of nights tied up at the marina? Or are most boats hitting the ferry?

Anyone thinking of boating over from the Vancouver for a couple of nights tied up at the marina? Or are most boats hitting the ferry?

If the weather cooperates I will be boating over either in my boat or friends. The ferry cost plus tow vehicle is too much. If it's too windy to boat across I plan to rent a boat from Pedder Bay.

Ya I would like to go but $500 bucks there and back on the ferry is not cheap. If the weather was good it would be a nice boat ride? I wonder what a rental boat costs?

Ya I would like to go but $500 bucks there and back on the ferry is not cheap. If the weather was good it would be a nice boat ride? I wonder what a rental boat costs?

I've done both the run across or the ferry plus rental at pedder bay many times. In a 17' boat with a 70hp it's usually about $300 in gas for a two day trip. The rental boats at Pedder bay are a good deal. I think it's 22.50 per hour for a 16ft double eagle boat. 17.50 for a 16ft hourston. Check out pedderbay.com for the latest prices.

It usually works out that it's cheaper to rent a boat for one day fishing and to take your own for two or more days fishing.

If I can make the run I would rather have my own boat and gear then rent. How long of a run would it be in good weather 2.5 hours?

If the weather cooperates I will be boating over either in my boat or friends. The ferry cost plus tow vehicle is too much. If it's too windy to boat across I plan to rent a boat from Pedder Bay.

Or you could just walk on and crew the Sculpin with FB. Just sayin' lol.

In good weather, if you could cruise at 25mph it is about 3 hours from Steveston to pedder bay or 3.5 hours from McDonald park in Richmond. Usually it takes longer because somewhere along the way you will have to reduce speed for traffic or weather.

Back