salmon capital of the world

If based upon a) the number of boating days per year; b) the number of fish landed overall, and c) the number of fish that return to the area and are therefore accessible, Port Alberni wins hands down. Period.

Just the way if it.

Cheers,
Nog

Mr.Ironoggin,
How many times have you landed a salmon grand slam in the Port Alberni Area?(salt water)
Ive been fortunate enough to have done it twice in two consecutive years here in Campbell River. Campbell River is the only area i know of where it is possible to do that. If I am wrong please correct me, but i honestly cant think of another place you can do that in saltwater.

happy fishing,
cody

hey!...wheres my float?
uh oh...

wow thats great ....who hoasts one of the biggest salmon festivals in bc..**** its gotta be port alberni with their labour day weekend derby..where hundreds of springs are brought in hour by hour.......

quote: Mr.Ironoggin,
How many times have you landed a salmon grand slam in the Port Alberni Area?(salt water)

There are extremely few places where a grand slam is possible, being taken over a single day. The most obvious would be off Ucluelet in August - the sox and pinks are going by, and easy to take, coho and springs are thick, so doable, the variable would be the chumlies, but a possibility.

In the Inlet, I and many of my buddies have taken all species over a season, the pinks to here are limited, but it's quite generous with the rest. It's a matter of timing, as not all return to the flow at the same time. That being said, it is usually a deadly fishery for salmon of some variety over most of the season, and between that and steel, thats the main reason I reside here.

Cheers,
Nog

I've never tried those other places but every year I take a one week trip to Langara Island in British Columbia. If you want great salmon fishing and great scenery, this is it. My buddy and I just got back last week, staying with the West Coast Fishing Club. On one particular morning from 6 to 11, we caught and released over 30 salmon including 7 double headers. Everyday's average was at least 20 fish and the seas were flat calm.

I've never tried those other places but every year I take a one week trip to Langara Island in British Columbia. If you want great salmon fishing and great scenery, this is it. My buddy and I just got back last week, staying with the West Coast Fishing Club. On one particular morning from 6 to 11, we caught and released over 30 salmon including 7 double headers. Everyday's average was at least 20 fish and the seas were flat calm.

Back