Best way to add a removable piece of rigger cable?

Why not just leave it, you aren’t fishing much deeper in the sound than Sox anyway. Another bump of the button after an auto stop isn’t a big deal. Pull the stops off after the few weeks of Sox’s, or stack a rod in the sound and keep the sock mayhem alive.
If you want to remove it I agree a knot or swivel and cut it, but my luck id tangle that 70’ of braid into a mess before it went back on.
There are far too many stops on my sockeye rigger for that. I have that many stops since I most often fish with friends and family, and they simply can't manage things otherwise.

Those little stopper take a second to put on and take off, less headache than any loop to loop pull 70 ft off kind of thing. Maybe it’s just me lol. Even if you leave 3 stopper on and using only one rod, just turn the switch at every stopper, ball still going to make it up, again just me
I tied a permanent # 2 swivel at the 20 foot mark and at the normal stop position for double stacking, and exactly what you said. You just have to hit the switch one more time.

Back