Rod tether?

RogersonCrusoe

Hey guys,

The new boat has flush mounted rod holders, which is a huge bonus for my better half, who can now lift the rod out of the holder without over extending out the side.

Trouble is, it's just dying for an ill timed bump or slippery handle to propel the gear overboard and into the brine.

Looking for solutions to tether the rod to the boat with enough elasticity in the cord to not cause other issues during playing a fish. There is a small D ring by each holder, which I could clasp something to.

I used the Scotty rod leash this summer for my kids. Worked great as I can just unclip it from the rod when I wanted to use them. The picture doesn’t show one piece that you can leave on the rod to clip on.

I used the Scotty rod leash this summer for my kids. Worked great as I can just unclip it from the rod when I wanted to use them. The picture doesn’t show one piece that you can leave on the rod to clip on.

I like that good insurance for a expensive rod. Even if you hooked it to the rod hilt that way it wont interfere when grabbing the rod during a fish hookup. Attach it so the reel can spin freely.

Thanks! Did not know Scotty made such a product.

When I used to fish offshore a lot , wherever fishing with green fishing partners
I used a piece of paracord with carabiner type clips at both ends, always manage a way to clip the rods in, both Hali and salmon rods, lost a few overboard so needed to find a way to save some $

Back