Replacing original hooks on spoons

Yeah if The fish hadn’t spit it after doubling it over I’d agree🤣
You can use their Needle G, same shape but heavier and thicker, but it is not as successful, that's why the Skinny sells so well.

More humour for you. Stock hook was fine after many chinook, something about backing the drag off.

IMG_8471.jpeg

You can use their Needle G, same shape but heavier and thicker, but it is not as successful, that's why the Skinny sells so well.

More humour for you. Stock hook was fine after many chinook, something about backing the drag off.

View attachment 98175
Yes setting the drag correctly is important. Don't get me wrong, you get what you pay for, be it hooks or spoons. Easier of course to change out hooks 😁 I won’t be a return customer, but I do get how flimsy construction may help the flutter and for some that may be important. Different strokes for different folks.

Yes setting the drag correctly is important. Don't get me wrong, you get what you pay for, be it hooks or spoons. Easier of course to change out hooks 😁 I won’t be a return customer, but I do get how flimsy construction may help the flutter and for some that may be important. Different strokes for different folks.
I wonder if forming a bead in the spoon body would be a good way to add rigidity while maintaining the right action

how does a spoon bend like that lol. Hilarious. I run Pesca spoons usually but a few Gibbs spoons. Never hand one fold like that. Probably hit a prop or got stepped on lol

how does a spoon bend like that lol. Hilarious. I run Pesca spoons usually but a few Gibbs spoons. Never hand one fold like that. Probably hit a prop or got stepped on lol
Nope, no contact other than with the fishes mouth.

I have never had a hook on a AP fail, they look to be quite nice, but I did have a issue with a split ring straighting out. I would think I was seconds from losing a nice fish and my spoon. The ring was straight with a bit of hook on each end, came detached from the spoon in the net. As far as hooks I use the Mustad open eye Siwash on all spoons except my AP's
It's scary how a split ring can straighten out at the worst moment💀

They sell those spoons hundreds at a time to many of the guide companies, especially in the USA. I would suspect that if there was a problem, they would have had to do something about it by now or their sales would suffer.

Another really good hook is the North Pacific clawpoint. You can get them in black nickel or in tin. A buddy of mine, who use to guide in kyuquot and now guides in Hardy, got me onto these hooks. Really strong and super sticky sharp. I picked them up at PNT!

Last edited:
They sell those spoons hundreds at a time to many of the guide companies, especially in the USA. I would suspect that if there was a problem, they would have had to do something about it by now or their sales would suffer.
Guides replace the hooks immediately

Back