Reg clarification for a new guy

Joshua B

So just to confirm some stuff for salmon fishing: basically no salmon fishing in saltwater from shore or on Fraser. And any fresh water fishing is no bait?
There is so much to go over and learn it's a little ridiculous. I'm from the interior and basically there the regs do not change much and I know what and where I can and cannot do....here however it's a lot more in depth, I have a fresh water reg book, and I found the tidal regs at BC sport fishing guide. But apparently there are updates that get sent out regularly? Where do I find those?

Thanks for the help guys.

go to the dfo bc website. the paper stuff is almost defunct by the time the ink is dry. pick your location and study the crap out of the regs. take screen shots with your phone for quick reference in case you don’t have reception where you’re fishing

Joshua, you can fish salmon from shore in saltwater, Fraser river regs change from year to year, we used to bar fish the Fraser years ago.As far as bait you have to check the regs anytime you go to fish freshwater that changes according water you are going to fish. as far as updated regs for salt water go to DFO's site look for fisheries notices. I subscribe to their site so I get the notices as they issue them, most are about shellfish notices or commercial notices but you will get sportsfihing related notices as well

So just to confirm some stuff for salmon fishing: basically no salmon fishing in saltwater from shore or on Fraser. And any fresh water fishing is no bait?
There is so much to go over and learn it's a little ridiculous. I'm from the interior and basically there the regs do not change much and I know what and where I can and cannot do....here however it's a lot more in depth, I have a fresh water reg book, and I found the tidal regs at BC sport fishing guide. But apparently there are updates that get sent out regularly? Where do I find those?

Thanks for the help guys.
Just go out and find like minded folk and post .Steveston interests me.but how you transport your catch from one
area unit to another remains to be under inspection of others.enjoy BB

Joshua, you can fish salmon from shore in saltwater, Fraser river regs change from year to year, we used to bar fish the Fraser years ago.As far as bait you have to check the regs anytime you go to fish freshwater that changes according water you are going to fish. as far as updated regs for salt water go to DFO's site look for fisheries notices. I subscribe to their site so I get the notices as they issue them, most are about shellfish notices or commercial notices but you will get sportsfihing related notices as well
ok where would i fond this stipulation? not that i dont believe you but being new down here i want to make sure my rear end is covered. Yes i have been on the DFO site and I have an app as well "fishing BC" which seems fairly complete.

Back