Quick note about Kitty Coleman Hump

Back out there at Kitty this morning. Picked up 2 cliped Coho and a 22lb Spring. Fish from 5am till 9am. Another fellow came in behind me with a nice fish and a halibut about 30lbs.

Yeah that was me FA123. The halibut ended up closer to 25 lbs. The Spring was 15. A little rough out there for my tin can but it was worth the lumps. Good on yah on the 22er, nice fish. Nice to hear theres a few coho around.;) eman

Eaglemaniac, If you ever like a ride in a larger Tin Can with a lid drop me a line. I am always open to fishing with other locals from the Valley.

Always looking for fishing buddies.

If one wants to go sight seeing Kitty Coleman is the place to do it. Thousands of porposes jumping 3-6 feet out of the water and about 6 orca's between Kitty, Middlenatch and Grants Reef. What a show. It's just insane. They have been out there for the past 2 days. Hope they move on though as fishing is really tough with them around.

Wow!! Thanks for the update fa 123. Have you had any luck? I was thinking of trying it in the morning. I've seen the whale and porpoise show out there, it's awesome. Don't usually make for good fishing though if there hanging about.:( eman

Hey EM,

I am not going to fish Kitty tomorrow 2 days of that intertainment is enough for me. I am thinking of going South to Point Holmes or Flora. Maybe even north towards Campbell River. See what this wind does that is blowing right now. Even have a itch to head to Winter Harbor but don't know anyone that wants to go.

Well I made it out this evening with a couple good friends. Didn't take long at all to get into our first two fish. But neither made it into the net. Then wammo[:0] 20+lber. Put in 1.5 hours wind kicked up and we were out of there. Fished 7 till 8:30pm. Right on the bottom with a Yamm****a 142 behind a green Gibbs flasher.:D

Got out this morning to Kitty and went 3 for 4. Lots of bait and a decent bite through the tide change. Fished spoons both above and below the bait seemed to do the trick;) Was that the 20 Foot Alumiweld Intruder also out?

Jeremysfish.jpg

Nice looking fish Seagal, breakin in the young fella right. Nice looking boat as well, what type is it? Heading that way if the winds not blowing in the am.

Hi Lazoman. Did you get out today? I fish out of a yellow 16ft double eagle that I set up for fishing in 2006. Great boat!

Just got back into town and thinking of fishing the ebb today (morning tide looked good but no can do). Any reports. Thanks

LET GO OF THE REEL!!!

Stellar day today. Fished this morning with a newbie Albertian once again as well as another Albertian Veteran. Nothing against them but I have to add this just to pick on them. CHEERS, Locked into 6 outstanding springs but only got 2 into the boat in the AM. Went to the cleaning table and got more ice and back we went. Nailed 2 for 2. Got to love it, other then the Dog fish that came on around about 11am. Double headers of them. Can't wait to fish tomorrow.

Them boys are comming out with me again tomorrow. Hoping today that they learn enough that we can be off the water by noon.

Fished from 5-6 till 11am only thing we could catch were halibut and P-Cod. We were not targeting them. Lots of bait early then it seemed to disapear. Not one salmon. Where did they go? I heard Grants Reef today on the radio. Some guy said he had hooked up a couple of times during the morning hours.

Cheers,
FA

Stopped by to see Kitty tonight just at dusk and saw a couple hooked, one landed, and one not........our's not. Fair bit of feed showing. I expected a lot more boats after your stellar report FA, but there were only a 6 pack of us out there.

Kelly,
30+....

So true there has not been many boats out there in weeks.

I am taking today off, I think. That heat is killing me. Not even a breeze on the water. Way to hot..

Back