Quick note about Kitty Coleman Hump

Nice camera work.

So sad we didn't take a couple of pictures today. Hope you enjoyed the halibut. I liked that trade with you today. The salmon you traded me will be smoked tomorrow well I am out fishing with the Fishing Diva/Flyfishinggal. Be on the water by 9:30am weather permitting.

Nice fish Bruce I was out last Sat and picked a nice one up around 28 prob more but didnt have a scale,lol got some nice nice size pinks also which was funny fishing that deep but the clients were happy!!

Humppy fest out there it is. Wow they were every where. But I did a great job of keeping them off. I don't like them bleeding near my boat.:) They were so thick we could see them swimming around the boat. Guess that is a good sign that my boat is not running HOT. To see the Coho's and Pinks that I have this year around the boat shows my that this is game the I will be able to play so dam well I will try to lose. LOL Quote from Blues Travelers.

Looks good for tomorrow,

We were out tonight and picked up these two, one on a white hootchie, the other on a pink needlefish. Killer whales showed up on the west side of the hump cruising back and forth.....munching on pinks?? One pink we kept was full of Krill.

kitty28001.jpg

Managed to get out with green machine from 7 till 9 PM last night. Picked up a 15# around 8pm, used the same gear and depth that most of you guys use. Saw those killer whales eating salmon. Nice show. Forgot the camera so no pic’s.

Took the wife out to the hump yesterday from 12:00 to 4:00 pm, her second time on the boat.......:D I can't believe the number of pinks that were showing on the sounder, incredible! The tally for the four hours was 3 springs (20,22 and 26), 3 doggies and 3 wild coho. Fished 180 feet with green hotspot flashers and double glow hootchies on 48" leaders. Great day on the water. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Only 2 today. One of which was shy of 35lbs after bleeding and then there was mine 9lbs. Fishing Diva/Flyfishingal got the big one. Will post pictures later.

What a fish, gotta see a pic of that.

On another note, how many forum readers are viewing both sites? Do we need to post everything to both sites?

NICE, must have been some high fives when that one came aboard !

I've also posted to fishingvancouverisland.org, a great site as well, doesn't seem to have the lag that this one does at times. Just seems a bit of repetition to have more than 50 % of all posts on both. But hey, us fishermen are always searching for that tidbit of information that will get us that 35 lber, so another site to puruse is a good excuse.

Looks like a bit of wind coming this weekend, when you head to FC or the Q's do you drive all the way down or launch deepbay?

Hey C.S.
I also post on www.fishingvancouverisland.org I also post on other sites every so often. I like all the sites. But the one Lazoman is talking about is fishingvancouverisland.org .

What boat are you in C.S.? If I am correct Lazoman is in a 17foot Arima. I am in a Silver Streak with a black lid.

Always on ch69.

Cheers,

Hey Rob,/Lazoman Thanks for the PM. If you want to hook-up for a day of fishing that would be great as I have been doing very well my self. Any time works for me. Maybe we could put Laura's record to rest for the ECVI. That is a Personal/Boat record.

Cheers,

Wow, there seems to be nice fish all over! Nice job on the 35+. Fished the hump for a change from the usual haunt in Sooke this afternoon. Managed a 20 and 26. Confetti hootchi with a Silver Betsy flasher at 185 ft seemed to be getting the interest for us.

Nice fish guys. Well done. Love the chrome.
I was out on Friday night with Legend. He hooked a mid twenty spring that refused to come close to the boat. It took half an hour to get him to the net. It was darn near dark and we were just getting ready to pull the pin when it hit. It sure capped off an excellent evening out on the chuck

Took my daughter out to kitty hump for a couple hours tonight.Started out with a pink from 160 feet on a cop car spoon.We made the turn over the 180 mark and bam!! 22 pounder.First time my girl got to feel the power of a big fish.(She just might be hooked now)Seemed like we spent the next hour trying to get back to the spot.One dog fish and then bam another big fish.She hung on to that one for about five minutes or so and then the fish made a run for the boat and she never did catch up! But what a smile as the fish took the first run. Perfect night:) what channel are you guys on out there? Thought I recognized a couple boats from posts but did not hear much chatter. One thing to note,both big fish where on a glow hootchie!!. Be back at it tomorrow ,wind permitting.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Back