Quick note about Kitty Coleman Hump

Been on holidays in Alberta visiting friends. I had just got back and then off to Bamfield for a few days of fishing. (Recover from the vacation) I have not heard a peep from anyone fishing Kitty. Must be the conservation wind keeping most off the water. If you head out let me know your results. GLG

Hit one fish last night on the evening tide change. 22lb.Chinook 195ft.down in 300ft.of water on a 4" coyote spoon. The bait seems to have moved off the Kitty Hump. I think the majority of the fish have too. That's my take.;)

Sounds good GLG.
Not going tonight.
Was going to try for evening slack but just sealed the deal on a trip to Stuart Isl. with my 15 yr old nephew from kelowna in a couple days. Maybe he can earn his stripes:D
Tortuga

LET GO OF THE REEL!!!

Fished Cape Mudge and got really pissed off when the current started to have its way with my gear. Took the short ride to Kitty Coleman and caught a nice 17lb Chinook and one shaker. Not bad for my first time at the kitty coleman hump :D

Reel Chaos

Cool KC. was it a red or a white? Might have to go out there if this wind lets up.
GLG

GLG How did you do in Bamfield? We are heading over there on Thursday for 4 nights.Any helpful info well would be just that helpful.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Thanks for the info KC.

Jencourt see my post in the Bamfield thread. I just put it up.
Best advice I have for you is use one of these in 3 ½”
coyote-spoon_0150.jpg

Anything happening at Kitty Coleman? I spoke to a couple of people that have been out in the last 3 or 4 days and the report was fish in the high teens to low twenties.......... Thanks, SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

SS my sources tell me that guys that have it dialed in are picking up springs. Guys that don’t are coming up empty. I have not been out there since my return so that’s the best I can tell you. Bottom line would be fishing is good but not as good as it was last month. I might be going out in the next few days and will report back. GLG

out yesterday 5 other boats. including a 10ft rubber dinghy with a 4 person load weather not so good 3ft swell and starting to break, didnt see any fish, we could sure use a decent ramp in the area, anything other than a high tide kitty rocks are a disaster.

Yeah... that ramp sure takes a beating in the winter months. It's almost like it has sunken down over the years and is getting less and less functional. It could probably use a top dressing of concrete and some breakwaters for protection. But who's going to pay for that? Any other suggestions?;) eman

Speaking of ramps, so far, Pt Holmes' tally this year from daily launches at $5 per day is only 170 bucks, although the usage is up quite a bit from past years. Last year at this time we had $500 in daily fees.

Who is going to pay for the top coat, who is going to pay for the breakwater, good questions.

Guess I'll be spending one of these weekend days at the ramp, knocking on windows, begging for change to keep our ramp alive for another year.

$30 per year, how can you go wrong, just PM me for a sticker.

thanks, Lazoman

Big 0 for our boat tonight. Fished 5 till 10. Saw a couple of fish at the cleaning table and heard of another caught. And yea it's still a way better year than last.

Lazoman, sorry to hear that the proceeds are way down this year. Why not contact Ralf Shaw and ask him to mention something in his newspaper column. Can't hurt to try.

GLG

1 for 3, a beautiful looking teen. Had to take the third one after giving my neighbor lessons on the first two. Maybe he needs a different teacher The fellow was new to the sport. Fish were caught just as the ebb ended. Yet I was told the flood was the tide to hit them on. Lots of bait and a fair amount of jumpers seen. What a great day. Going to try it again today.

Launched in Comox at 5:45 am this morning and fished the Hump until 10:30.....NADA. We did see a fair amount of bait on the South end of the Hump first thing in the morning but less and less as we went North. Saw three other boats out there but we never saw any nets..... An hour before we came in we jigged a little and got a near limit of Flounder, half of them were actually pretty good size. Docked at 12:00 and met Seagal from this form, always a pleasure to meet forum members. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Hit Grants at 7am. Lost a 25+ Could feel him keep rolling and sucking along the bottom. Got 1 in the high teens and threw back 2 unders. Lots of bait and lots of undersize lings.
3 or 4 other boats out and saw 2 of them take fish.
I fish from the Powell River side but thought you guys who fish the hump might want to venture out to the middle.

Hey guy's. Just got in from fishing the afternoon tide change at Kitty Colman.It was a pleasure to meet Striper Sniper and chat about his take on the mornings fishing. We headed straight to the south end of the hump where we found a fair amount of bait but no takers. On the way back in we dropped the lines off the marker buoy and bam! 12lb.chinook. Soon after a smaller feeder chinook and a coho which my son long line released.;)

FA123 good job. Good on you to help a new guy and put him on fish.
Kisinana your right it’s another good place to fish. Thanks for the tip.
Seagal We passed you on the way back and rubber necked as long as we could.
It looked like fun. Wish we could have done that. Our boat got zero.
My Mojo must have been left at Bamfiled last week. LOL
Striper Sniper email in coming.
GLG
edit for time and age

Back