Quick note about Kitty Coleman Hump

hey, who's that Whistler guy?
Looks a little electrical.
We're heading to the island tomorrow, west coast or inside?
your thoughts?

Fished Kitty yesterday for just a couple hours in the morning bait and fish all over the screen. Dog fish and birds all over the surface feeding like crazy. Didn't have the time to wait for a bite or a tide had to run.

Just got off the phone with the Comox Fisheries. I was enquiring about Coho regs for Sept. and was informed that inside the harbour as well as Area 14 in general has a coho limit of two per day of which one can be wild. I have been unable to find an official update on there site, but that's the word from them.;) eman

I would be carefull what you do, as i asked and officer about Coho in sooke. They told me sept 8th was going to be 1 wild/ 1 hatch but the website did not have any changes.

Guy had no clue what he was talking about. those changes were for port renfrew.

-Steve

Eagle,

Is this what they were talking about?

Coho: September 1 to December 31, 2009: 2 per day one (1) of which may be wild (unmarked) in that portion of Subarea 14-11, Baynes Sound inside of a line commencing at Cape Lazo light, thence to the P-54 Bell Buoy on Comox Bar, then to Longbeak Point at the extreme north end of Denman Island, then to the mouth of Hart (Washer) Creek on Vancouver Island. Listed on 21/05/2009 FN0357

FishWish

Here is one my Daughter got a few nights back.Made me happier than wen I catch em!!
DSC01546.jpg

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Is anybody fishing the Hump this weekend? Thinking of giving it a shot. Hoping to pick up a Coho, but I would settle for a Spring.;) eman

Just might be heading that way. We managed a 22 last weekend, and lost one that was of course, much bigger :D We stayed down deep mostly, but saw lots of sign from 50-100. A few coho heading up the puntledge now, good to see.

Rumor has it that several hatchery coho are headed this way. Guide boats in the straits were averaging 2+ clipped a day last week. Heard of a couple bonked around Comox and there are shallow jumpers at Goose Spit. [:0]

LET GO OF THE REEL!!!

I am around, free to fish all weekend. Just don't know anyone that wants to go. If the wind picks up I may go to Browns Bay that is if I find someone to go. Will ask the neighbor tomorrow. See what happens.

Thinking of fishing the evening tide Saturday night. Either be at Kitty or Cape Lazo. Looking for a late spring or coho[:p] If any of you guy's are out give me a shout. What's the perferred channel that most guy,s monitor?

Generally 16/69

I'll give you a shout Seagal, not sure which way I'm heading tomorrow either. Wind should be dropping off sat and sun.

Did anyone get out there this weekend.I spent the whole weekend thinking I should give it a go but never left the driveway.Not like me at all,So go ahead and tell me how great it was.LOL

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

I tried for a few hours late this morning into the afternoon. As said not much bait. Marked some fish but couldn't catch anything other then dogfish and cod.

Helped Harold out by buying some discounted ice. Harold only has 1-1/2 weeks left this season. Bought the ice to use next month Chumming in Browns Bay.:)

Back