Quality fishing spots in the okanagan for a caster (no boat)

chasetompkins

Hello Everyone,

I've been fishing multiple times in my life, but I finally decided to make it a hobby. I'm still very new as most times I've gone, its been on a charter or with someone who really knows what they are doing. So I've pretty much been *babysat* every fishing experience.

I want to do this more on weekends, and I think I will really enjoy it.

My question being. Since I don't have the kind of car that can tow a boat, what does everyone recommend in the Okanagan area for cast fishing? If I stick with this hobby I will eventually purchase a belly boat and learn how to fly fish, but would like to do some cast fishing in the meantime.

If anyone has experiences and suggestions that would be great.

Thanks!

There is a stretch of highway south of Peachland that has a decent drop off close to shore, maybe try early morning, as daytime fishing will be too hot for you and the fish at this time of year. You could also Mable Lake from shore. Throw small spoons and spinners or a worm floated off the bottom of the drop off. I would also pick up a Backroads Mapbook, you will find hundreds of location ideas in the Okanagan. The higher elevation lakes off the Connector are all stocked and produce well in the evenings on dry flies, so best to start learning how to fly fish sooner rather than later and making a trip to Trout Water Supplies in Kelowna is a great start.

Back