Best place in bc for quality sized kings and bottomfish

Funny, most of the Canadian highliners i know and trade beers with…call them…..wait for it…. Springs….

I murdered 16 of them past few days, five in the low 20#…. At 17’ on the rigger in 25’ of water, it’s a violent take….

IF i were you and wanted to show Dad an excellent Spring adventure in Summer, I would pick Esperanza up to….Spring Island….just below Brooks.

best to all. !

small spoons, match the hatch, Of course, one of the best King lures made is called a ….. Coho Killer…

Real Coho are…..simply…. Northerns…

Man you guys are harsh.
If you make it up, good luck. lots of good places up the coast.
But up here it's
Chinook salmon not king.(sometimes blackmouth)
And Coho not Silver.
But ya our regulations up here are hard to follow for the locals let alone a guy new to the area.
I am originally from northern michigan and thats we call them there but when i moved to washington everybody looked at me like i was crazy so i started calling them kings and silver not chinook and coho. To me Kings are king mackerel from the gulf of mexico but thats what the hippys in seattle call em.

Thank you everyone for your responses i appreciate it. I will research each area recommended here and figure out next years trip. I was told you guys have a lot more fish and during winter i usually blackmouth fish coyote bank and halibut fish middle or constance banks but the ****** management and native american longlines and nets from one side of a river to the next has destroyed our fishery here

Funny, most of the Canadian highliners i know and trade beers with…call them…..wait for it…. Springs….
The commercial trollers I knew called them springs only because they were in the spring fishery. They didn't call them springs in the summer months. It was a seasonal fish/run. I do like that name though, makes me want to polish some spoons and flashers..

Hey guys, i am looking for a new place to tow the boat and will stay on the boat. I am trying to explore a bit but want to find a place where chances of finding good sized kings are available and it does not to be stacked with feeder action all day. Also would like a place that has good bottomfish/halibut fishing as well. I know everyone wants the answer to this question but i dont mind slow days if the fish are in good sizes and im not looking for secret spots just areas that are usually productive for 20+lb fish. I am Complete catch and release here except for a rockfish or two for dinner once in awhile. I Just like the fight. Thank you everyone!
My favourite place to go (before I sold my boat a few years ago) was Barkley Sound. We usually stayed in Bamfield. I preferred launching at China Creek - not sure if this is still an option. You have many places to fish no matter the weather.
You won’t be disappointed.
Let some go for me!
Be safe out there.
Stosh

Here are some popular fishing spots

Attachments

• F0DA185D-EE37-4EA5-B1CC-71917C913A89.png
    F0DA185D-EE37-4EA5-B1CC-71917C913A89.png
    797.7 KB · Views: 76
Hey thanks guys i really appreciate all this advice. Definitely more welcoming than i expected lol. The onky place i havent heard anyone bring up and im not sure if is even good any more or ever was is the rivers inlet area? My dad brought it up as he said it looked beautiful and somewhat remote so i wondered if the fishing there was any good.

Hey thanks guys i really appreciate all this advice. Definitely more welcoming than i expected lol. The onky place i havent heard anyone bring up and im not sure if is even good any more or ever was is the rivers inlet area? My dad brought it up as he said it looked beautiful and somewhat remote so i wondered if the fishing there was any good.
rivers is the best place to go for big chinook in BC imo

The areas previously mentioned on the west coast of Vancouver Island are all trailer in, with a relatively short run to the outer coast - almost no need to allow for weather days on either end of your trip. And all well documented on this blog.

Rivers Inlet and the Central Coast are much harder to get to with your own boat -- there's an open ocean run from Port Hardy to Rivers Inlet which can throw your timing off on either end of the trip. No road access except to Bella Coola. The fly-in lodge options tend to be pricy.

One area not mentioned so far in this thread is Queen Charlotte Strait - fishing out of Telegraph Cove or Port McNeill -- a tad less fishy than the west coast of the Island, but almost always more fishable -- more protected water, no swells for the pukey, and lots of whale action.

Back