Best place in bc for quality sized kings and bottomfish

Jdubbs75

Hey guys, i am looking for a new place to tow the boat and will stay on the boat. I am trying to explore a bit but want to find a place where chances of finding good sized kings are available and it does not to be stacked with feeder action all day. Also would like a place that has good bottomfish/halibut fishing as well. I know everyone wants the answer to this question but i dont mind slow days if the fish are in good sizes and im not looking for secret spots just areas that are usually productive for 20+lb fish. I am Complete catch and release here except for a rockfish or two for dinner once in awhile. I Just like the fight. Thank you everyone!

I only catch king fish in the keys, never up here.

Last edited:
Man you guys are rough. dam i should have known my yankee butt was going to give myself away so everything you guys say i agree i deserve. I guess i get no love. Can’t come to canada by vehicle anyways because i didn’t get my trudeau slammer to my knowledge. Sorry i know i probably wont get any tips but i figured it was worth a try asking if anyone would be kind enough to give a few pointers.

Im out of seattle so i am either fishing olympic peninsula out to swiftsure or san juan islands but tired of our fisheries here. I wanted to try to take a special trip with my dad before hes to old to go out in our waters. Thanks anyways.

Man you guys are rough. dam i should have known my yankee butt was going to give myself away so everything you guys say i agree i deserve. I guess i get no love. Can’t come to canada by vehicle anyways because i didn’t get my trudeau slammer to my knowledge. Sorry i know i probably wont get any tips but i figured it was worth a try asking if anyone would be kind enough to give a few pointers.

Im out of seattle so i am either fishing olympic peninsula out to swiftsure or san juan islands but tired of our fisheries here. I wanted to try to take a special trip with my dad before hes to old to go out in our waters. Thanks anyways.
What about Port Renfrew, there is a derby coming up. Would you fly up and charter, or try to use your boat somehow?

Man you guys are harsh.
If you make it up, good luck. lots of good places up the coast.
But up here it's
Chinook salmon not king.(sometimes blackmouth)
And Coho not Silver.
But ya our regulations up here are hard to follow for the locals let alone a guy new to the area.

Hey guys, i am looking for a new place to tow the boat and will stay on the boat. I am trying to explore a bit but want to find a place where chances of finding good sized kings are available and it does not to be stacked with feeder action all day. Also would like a place that has good bottomfish/halibut fishing as well. I know everyone wants the answer to this question but i dont mind slow days if the fish are in good sizes and im not looking for secret spots just areas that are usually productive for 20+lb fish. I am Complete catch and release here except for a rockfish or two for dinner once in awhile. I Just like the fight. Thank you everyone!
i would say Winter Harbour as it has decent Chinook (King) salmon fishing and probably the best bottom fishing on the west coast.

Go to bamfield. It's great. You'll get fish

If you're fairly self sufficient
Esperanza is awesome. Launch out of Zeballos Good dock with reasonable moorage and full hookup campground
Also some lodges offering bring your own boat deals not sure about date and availability though

Back