Qualicum Rivers Chinooks

I fished out of French Creek yesterday, fogged up again and actually had radar on with 500 viz for about an hour. Trolled a couple 220 foot lines and went down by the old White Door. Just undersize there. Ran down to the LittleQ, trolled shallow to deep till dark, nothing. Only one trailer at FC tonight, dozen guys casting from the shore in the little bay. Might look at going out tommorow night and cast jig from the boat. We need some rain and fish

how about one of you retired guys with spare time and money to burn head out there and give us a report?...:)

The reason we still have a little money is that we rely on the whipper snappers to do the scouting so we dont waste the little time we have left and our CPP! So there! LOL

I'm putting my depends on right now.:eek: Heading out for sure. I'm flying an Abe and Al with a white hootchie. It's always worked before.;) eman

I will trade todays Deepwater Bay report for your Qualicum report --- now thats fair!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am posting a report on the Browns Bay thread.... so where is the Qualicum thread???? :) ??

I was starting to feel the St. Louis Blues from reading about all these unreal tuna trips so I decided to do something about it. Just got back from targeting some Cody Hodgesons off the beach around the Little Q. When I showed up the conditions seemed to be getting Mark Messier and Mark Messier but I decided to give it a try anyways seeing as how I was there right at the Kevin Lowe slack. Water was a mix between Mike Green and Dustin Brown so I decided to use a darker lure, going with a Tom Barasso coloured Croc. There was a bunch of Mike fly Fishers on one section of the beach so I decided to keep away so I wouldn't get Calgary Flamed for using the wrong type of Rod Brindamour. I spent just shy of 3 hours casting and landed 2 Minnesota Wilds and got Steve Berniered by a third. Unfortunately I couldn't find any Darian Hatchers that I could Radek Bonk to take home and Matt Cooke. All in all a pretty good afternoon and I plan to try again for them in the coming Kevin Weekes.

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahaha... I have to say, that is some quality reporting there! nice job and thanks for the laughs Hambone! was pissing myself on the couch while reading that one!

Anytime.... The key for me was to give my lure a little Jordan Staal, letting it sink down a bit before reeling in fairly Jonathan Quick. I'd recommend heading out, there was plenty of jumpers around and it looked like there might still be the odd Spring left in the Ilya Kovalchuck. I'm not sure how the Mike fly Fishers did, but I did find one of their pink Brian Leetches in the rocks as I was walking back to the Richard Parking lot. :D

Back