Port Renfrew 2009 Season

Bananas, was a bit slow for us but we had a good time. One 12lber in the boat and one to the seals. I think you might have been one of the two white boats cruising around campers? - we watched the seals take fish from both boats. Nice day out there considering the weather called for a strong wind warning..saw a good size pod of orcas cruise by.
Cheers

Never been fishing out at Renfrew but always wanted to giver' a go.

I'd like to take my old motor-home out and make a weekend out of it.
Any advice on a good place to camp/launch/moor for a couple of days?
I guess fuel and a freezer for fish are important too.
Oh ya, a campfire is mandatory.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Terry

I was at Port Renfrew marina last weekend, couldn't find the launch ramp. Is it behind the store? I have heard there are waves at the mouth of a creek coming out from Port Renfrew, is it easy for a small boat going over the waves?

The ramp is to the left as you look at the store,drive 500 feet or so down,you'll see it.The "waves"change day to day tide change to tide change.How small is your boat?Ask Rex or Bud to see the pictures of the 27? foot boat going out in the waves if they have it posted on the wall.Dan

Your're fine.Follow someone down the river till you figure it out.Pay attention if you see the waves in the bay picking up it might be time to go in.Dan

quote:Originally posted by The Jackel

Port renfrew recreational retreat has water, sewer and power and showers. Nice and clean no stinky outhouses. Close to town and the govt. wharf. great walking trails on the property that overlook the bay.:D
><))))">

Port Renfrew has a government wharf??
Where is it?

Drive to the hotel, and walk right down to it.
lot's of guides have been using it over the last few years.
no space available that i know of.

Thanks guys for the info.

Need to put something together and get out of this place for a while...

Mike are you back from building your cabin?When you heading out to the big town to get in on some of the unreal fishing?

I was hoping someone knew of a Government dock, that I wasn't aware of! Sometimes it's a little hard finding a home for a 30'r! :(

Renfrew Community Wharf, been there, done that! :)
That one is very much "private"! If one decides to tie-up there, best be getting someone's approval! The spaces on the wharf are ALL spoken for and seldom available during the season! I have tied to the floats on occasion, with permission, but most of that space is all ready spoken for, also... and there is a charge! If you do stay on the floats, there is a "green" dingy on the dock that you can use to get back and forth!

Hey bananas how has it been the last few days??? Thinking of heading up to the trailer for an evening fish tomm and fish fri..

Ya salmon is still very good but only on the flood it's like a lite switch turns on. good luck.

thinking of running up tomorrow - those fish still keying on needlefish right on the bottom or are things going more to the summer time pattern?

any updates LC or bananas are appreciated.

Is there anychance of finding moorage out there for late july through all august?

Back