Port Alberni parking.

Michael J

I’m thinking strongly about putting our boat in at Port Alberni and running down the inlet to Poett Nook this year. I have driven the road many times but it has never been something we look forward too. Is the parking situation by the Ford dealership a good option? I am willing to pay to park also if it is safe. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

There is much discussion of this on the 2019 Bamfield Barclay Sound thread.
Either way works. We take the road because we stay in our camper at the Nook.
I don't mind the road trip but lots of folks say "never again."

A buddy I work with lost his front and rear bumper off a 2015 F350 2 years ago while parked in front of the Ford dealership ... to answer MJ’s question, probably not the best place to park

Parked there for at least 10 years with no issues after a week in Bamfield. Left a window open in our haste with 2 rods sitting in the back seat 2 years ago and well and behold they were still there untouched on our return. Just lock your trailer hitch, chain the trailer tires and wheel lock your vehicle and if there is an issue the bad guys will move on to an easier prey.
Just my opinion.

Bamfield rd is a crap shoot , sometimes good sometimes bad , if you are towing out there make sure you have a good spare! I would take my chances with the empty lot next to ford and run down inlet early morning before the afternoon winds blow up.

Consider launching at Secret Beach (Toquaht Bay) and running across to Bamfield through the Broken Group. Road is only 16 kms of gravel.

Back