Vanier Launch parking

paulo

Heads up, I received a renewal for monthly/seasonal parking at Vanier of which I purchase every year. It went up by $45 from last year. Couldn't navigate the site to pay for it so then spent 2 days trying to get in touch with someone. Impossible. You have to make an appointment for a phone conversation, so I did. I explained the situation and was then informed that there is no longer any yearly truck and trailer parking available. They are expecting everyone to use a s a dsay use per day at $20 per day which it has been that for quite some time. Although I wouldn't be surprised that by forcing everyone to go to day use only that they will increase to $25/day as they did at McDonald. Between the closure of West Van, the insane increase at McDonald, the ludicrous amounts at Sunset and Horseshoe Bay and now the cancellation of yearly at Vanier this is getting to be too much. I'm waiting to talk to a higher up at Easy Park about this but I am not holding my breath. Does anyone have any other intel on this situation at Vanier? I usually dump the boat in from 30 - 40 times a year, but that won't be happening at these rates. Any useful input or strategies would be appreciated.

Heads up, I received a renewal for monthly/seasonal parking at Vanier of which I purchase every year. It went up by $45 from last year. Couldn't navigate the site to pay for it so then spent 2 days trying to get in touch with someone. Impossible. You have to make an appointment for a phone conversation, so I did. I explained the situation and was then informed that there is no longer any yearly truck and trailer parking available. They are expecting everyone to use a s a dsay use per day at $20 per day which it has been that for quite some time. Although I wouldn't be surprised that by forcing everyone to go to day use only that they will increase to $25/day as they did at McDonald. Between the closure of West Van, the insane increase at McDonald, the ludicrous amounts at Sunset and Horseshoe Bay and now the cancellation of yearly at Vanier this is getting to be too much. I'm waiting to talk to a higher up at Easy Park about this but I am not holding my breath. Does anyone have any other intel on this situation at Vanier? I usually dump the boat in from 30 - 40 times a year, but that won't be happening at these rates. Any useful input or strategies would be appreciated.
I just dealt with the same thing and cannot renew. I can only purchase a seasonal pass that is good from April - September for $175 (Guess they don't know that when the fishing is closed). The yearly pass was $150. They are claiming the City of Vancouver Parks Board has put this limitation in place.

Hey folks I heard from Sev, the manager of commercial operations at the parks board and if you had a Vanier seasonal pass last year, you should be able to get refunds from HonkMobile due to the launch being closed. I highly encourage you to do this, because HonkMobile is pure garbage, they are middle-manning the parking situation, childish, unprofessional and provide nothing but a hassle for parking in this city. Please stick it to them by demanding a pro-rated refund for the time that the launch was closed...they certainly deserve it.

Attached is Sev's email that you can quote.

Attachments

• vanier2.jpg
    vanier2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 13
Back