Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

It's on boys.

The banks off Bamfield from 7 out to LaPerouse are loaded with bait and fish right now. SOME REALLY NICE ONES MIXED IN THERE AS WELL...

It's on boys.

The banks off Bamfield from 7 out to LaPerouse are loaded with bait and fish right now. SOME REALLY NICE ONES MIXED IN THERE AS WELL...

Indeed. Lots of everyone..coho galore plus Chins and the odd Hali mixed in to make it interesting. Didn't need to go as far as 7 mile either.

Stayed at Mills Landing the weekend and went out with Sheldon on Sat. Beautiful day! Calm sea and the hali gods on our side. Pulled a 41, 37 and 25 and a huge skate within 2.5 hours. Some rockfish on the side too. Salmon was slow on the inside though. Lost 2 that were probably teens and landed one shaker. Thanks to the Mills Landing staff for a memorable weekend and thanks for the beer Jeff! Will be back some day!

Fog Ducker, how did you do on Sat? Saw you when we headed in to watch the game. You must have missed in entirely!?

Fellas

Fishing was great , Inside was slow , the wall , Cape Beale gave up a few daily , Southbank was loaded with Coho , a good mix of hatchery as well ,
We came back with plenty of fish , depths all between 80- 120ft , Coho at 20-30ft , all on spoons behind flashers , Halibut all over Southbank as well ,

AWESOME weather , 0 wind ,

Nook reports indicated Very Slow on the inner sound , also , i believe theres an algae bloom working its way in , was gettin a little brown just
outside the surf , but clear inside ???

Chris73 , we did REALLY well on Saturday , we hit a nice fish just as you were pulling out , that area was consistent

Seen a few members scattered about the area as well, nice seein ya all ,
Searun , Wudda Happened ? we never seen ya , pops were COLD : )

get out there boys...

to tired ta deal with pics

same ol same ol

FD

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry FD, Got tied up finishing the doors so we had to listen to it while we worked so I could go fishing Sunday...then went to rescue a perfect log for our new dock that we found so was doing my Relic imitation in the dark trying to get it off the rocks on the tide. Did get out next day and lots of Coho and Chins like you mentioned. Got some early Sockeye charters that I will have to turn into Pill Point trips this week, so not back up for off shore until following week. Staying at cabin, but have guests at Eagle Nook that week so if you are up we may have to hook up at night for a beer.

i will be in this weekend, getn cabin set up for the season and fishn with the boy!! mom doesnt like him going offshore so thanks for the heads up Ken. see ya at the dock, just finished off the door prize from hali derby.

Fellas

Agree , somthing shoulda been said or done by now by admin , dont want to jump the gun here , this is a great site , BUT , as i said , i will no
longer contribute here until the add is pulled ,

I am not going to sign up to another forum , barely have time for one , SO , i will use this down time to help promote Nathan's
ZurTro Spoons site , get some well deserved exposure to him , I believe Jeff ( Osama ) is still the moderator there , so its pretty much an open forum lol ,
|Nathan also fishes our area in Barkley alot , also a Poett Nooker,

I ask all of you that post SFBC Port Alberni Bamfield Ucluelet thread to post on ZurTro site or elsewhere ,until this is resolved ,

alot of guys spent alot of time fighting for us on the Halibut issues in hand , Im sure they'd appreciate us taking a walk from this site
until resolved....

http://www.zurtrolures.ca/reports/

later ( feel free to email me )

FD

Heading to Poetts Nook Thurs-Sun. Anyone else gonna be in the neighbourhood? 21' Trophy, "Plan B". Bringin my Zurtro's

Yup .. See ya on zutro.. Tryin my hali derby zutro spoon win tommrow am .. Out

I was wondering if there are any reports on fishing in the Port area?
I would greatly appreciate any feed back. :D
Thanks.

Must of missed something here...I am aware of the allocation BS but not what FD and duffer are talking about...
Anyways, Ken (BOD from Rocky Point Charters) has donated a trip yearly to the Nicomekl Enhancement Society, a volunteer hatchery that is run out of Langley, which both he and I are members. A friend of mine won the raffle so off we went with another guy for a couple of days fishing with Ken from the 3-5 of June. Hada blast, what a great place Ken and Betty have!
Everything was top notch including the fishing and hospitality. We limited out on springs the first day, got some hali when we ran way off shore on a beautiful calm day. Came in-shore and toof home a fine selection of bottom dwellers for the freezer. Watched Van take a two- zero lead after a feed of fresh cod and prawns. Next day was a repeat of the first, except the hali were a little bigger and the springs turned into coho.

All in all a great time had with a great guide! it has been a long time since I have been guided in BC and Ken was top notch. I recommend to anyone that is looking for a guide to try Ken or any of th eother fine guides in Bamfield.

With Ken's donation to the hatchery we recieved some well needed operating money....The members say THANKS!

Ps. see yah in about a month when Getbent comes to town...gonna try some of those secret holes...if I can find 'em...lol.

Thanks for a great trip Ken.

Getbent

www.nicomeklhatchery.com

Hey and Hi Ladz,

I'll be taking Mariko and company out on the new rig on the 22nd of this month. Plan is to target springs in the Sound. Could really use a little up to date information as to where it's happening just before that. Would certainly like to get the Lovely Lady into a few...
icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions Folks!!
thumbsup.gif

Cheers,
Matt

Back