Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Is anyone aware of a gas station or any store between Duke Point and Ucluelet that would have bait for sale after 10:30pm? No chovies in Okanagan and we're racing for the ferry tomorrow. I'll be running spoons, plugs, and maybe baitrix on my side, but the skipper loves the real thing.

World Fishing Network (WFN). As part of Port Alberni winning their Ultimate Fishing Town Contest last year, the WFN is in town most of next week filming a promo for the town for national circulation. Of course there has to be a Fishing Element, and I'll be providing that aboard the new Rig:

282_SailFish.jpg

Mariko Izumi is the Star of the show:

Mariko.jpg

And of course I'd dearly love to get her and her crew into a few springs! Thus the reason I was asking for any good reports from the Sound...

channel 6.

Everyone else on this same channel?

Wondering...
Nog

Nice Rig NOG. And the girls okay too. If I were a young man again Springs would not be the only thing I would like to get her into.

World Fishing Network (WFN). As part of Port Alberni winning their Ultimate Fishing Town Contest last year, the WFN is in town most of next week filming a promo for the town for national circulation. Of course there has to be a Fishing Element, and I'll be providing that aboard the new Rig:

282_SailFish.jpg

Mariko Izumi is the Star of the show:

Mariko.jpg

And of course I'd dearly love to get her and her crew into a few springs! Thus the reason I was asking for any good reports from the Sound...

Everyone else on this same channel?

Wondering...
Nog

be prepared to be mooned or boarded, depending on the clients of course, be in all week sunday til fri, yup channel 6

"Mooning presents a "target", and I'm somewhat understood to be a reasonably good shot...
24.gif
1.gif

Boarding on the other hand would allow me to fulfil one of my lifelong fantasies... Pirates of the Caribbean defending the Fair Maiden!
1.gif

Either should provide some rather fine Entertainment!!
3.gif

Catch ya on The Pond...

Cheers,
Nog

Having Fished with Wayne,her Dad,and and her Uncle Bob, I feel really chitty about some of my thoughts. Of course at this age they are just simple halucinations from the Blood pressure meds or the arthritus meds or........

Heading to Bamfield next week for a few days. We'll be in a smaller boat, so we will be sticking to the inside. Are there many halibut to be found on the inside? A friend of mine got into a 60+ near pill last August.

If any members in the know are willing to help out a pm would be much appreciated. Hope to see some of you out there.

Heading down to china creek tomorrow anybody know if the socks are schooling up yet? If not we may run down to the bamfield area. Any help would be great.

Neighbour was out to Nahmint yesterday.He got 2. The river is running fast. The nets were full when we came in last sunday.I would say that they are going straight up. Willydw

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading to Bamfield next week for a few days. We'll be in a smaller boat, so we will be sticking to the inside. Are there many halibut to be found on the inside? A friend of mine got into a 60+ near pill last August.

If any members in the know are willing to help out a pm would be much appreciated. Hope to see some of you out there.

pm sent ;)

Quick update for this morning... 4 in the boat in a little over an hour. Nothing big, but nice to have some consistent action. All before the tide change.

Lots of boats around on the inside and most people into the fish. We caught ours on the Money and Green Dragon spoons.

Should have another update later.

BT

Back