Poacher Busted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not winning any awards sticking up for him. He deserves to lose his boat and truck as well and i don't care how old he is or his sad story, that is immaterial in this situation. There has to be a deterrent to this kind of behavior.

X2 ....We all have a sad story to tell blah blah blah...if found guilty seize the vehicle and all the gear he used to commit the crime..will make people think in the future before they act....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sticking up for the guy im not. He got what he deserved. Guys need to stop making up fiction and leave it to fisheries. Replies like Hang em high dont belong on here

Sticking up for the guy im not. He got what he deserved. Guys need to stop making up fiction and leave it to fisheries. Replies like Hang em high dont belong on here

No fiction here lastcast and, I'll comment however I like. However, stating we should "leave it to fisheries" is absurd. Like DFO is the "be all end all". They're not. We are. You are. The fact that you even state that shows me that you haven't been around this industry for very long. This renewable resource is the bread and butter for a lot of people, has been for generations. The way I look at it, every poacher is taking food from my children's mouths. And I have a problem with that. I say, "Give no quarter", "Hang 'em high!" Poachers are thieves, end of story.

Standing up for the fella,, no. He will get his dues in court after being tried.
This site should be charged for cruelty, :) It sure knows how to ride something to death! :)

What I find amazing is how many first time or low time posters joined in on this thread. Seems to me perhaps there is a story behind the story. Time for a tinfoil hat.

Has he been proven guilty in a Court yet? Put the rope away until he has been convicted..... If for some reason he is found not guilty , then some of you will be wearing a whole lot of egg on your faces.

R U Serious? There's a big difference between being guilty, and having a guilty verdict issued in a court. If his stuff was confiscated, I'm pretty sure something was not right.
I saw nothing wrong with the original post.

Again, when everyone turns a blind eye, that's when people can get away with crap forever.

Some of you guys are brutal. Let he without sin cast the last stone - or however it goes.
Not happy to be sticking up for a poacher.

Then don't.

Standing up for the fella,, no. He will get his dues in court after being tried.
This site should be charged for cruelty, :) It sure knows how to ride something to death! :)

Look at your sig Gunsmith. Perhaps you're just a tad hypocritical? Just a tad... How long have you had that tagline and how many posts has it been posted?

Saw this boat today as the OP had up. Void of down riggers, cannon balls on the gunnel, Scotty bases still in place.

Innocent till proven guilty are the rights we have. Obviously if a person has multiple fresh caught fish over the limit the presumption of innocence is kinda gone. True he gets his day in court under the charter but in the meantime i think a suspension of a fishing license would be in order and fisheries will take gear. As far as talking about it on here as long as his name or picture is not posted y not.

southern star dont know where you get your info from but your a little out, maybe you need to get your facts alittle straighter first. Hes a retired commercial fisherman to start and did you ever ask yoursel why he didnt just dump those fish overboard, no more evidence. He definitley deserves what he got , but its not upto you to be posting pictures on here. Hes 83 years and just lost his wife a couple years ago, he lives for fishing and I would hope this teaches him a lesson. His biggest mistake was avoiding the officer at french creek. Dont get me wrong he deserves everything he got and the meatline comment is out to lunch

He has been busted before as a commercial fisherman.

He also used to run multiple meat lines when sockeye fishing as a sporty in the canal.

I fished in the same group as him and I know a fellow who deckhanded with him for many years.

He might be 83 but he is still a poacher in my opinion, guys like him give all commercial fishermen a bad name..

For those who are curious he was fishing off the bottom end on Lasquiti.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has been busted before as a commercial fisherman.

He also used to run multiple meat lines when sockeye fishing as a sporty in the canal.

I fished in the same group as him and I know a fellow who deckhanded with him for many years.

He might be 83 but he is still a poacher in my opinion, guys like him give all commercial fishermen a bad name..

For those who are curious he was fishing off the bottom end on Lasquiti.

Well at least we got something positive out of this..........a fishing tip! lol.

The meatlines don't mean a thing. That's still a common way of fishing in my neighborhood---you can lose a fish on a meatline just as easily as you can lose one on a rod and reel.

If this guy did in fact do what it appears he did, the egregious part of the "8 springs" thing is they were probably destined for a back-door sale to an unscrupulous restaurant.

Those are the guys that need to be tarred and feathered and made to do a Perp Walk down Broadway under the noon-day sun.

Whether the guy was 83 or 38, my guess is if he had a history of this type of behavior, it wasn't to feed his buds or to feed his wife and kids---it was to support the illicit trade of sports-caught fish into the commie market

I suppose you can take the fishermen out of the Commie but you can't take the Commie out of a meat-hog.

This will be the last time we clean up this thread. If you want to keep commenting on this topic, keep to the facts...do not throw innuendos or discuss what you think might have happened. Do not call anyone names or stir the pot for your own entertainment. Do not post personal information about anyone on this site. For those of you who need a refresher on the rules and expected conduct on this forum they are at the top of each page. If this goes off the rails again it will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back