Poacher Busted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Was at the launch when this went down also. If the guy was legitimately fishing why run from the cops and dfo? I can see why some people are pissed off. Apparently this individual is well known.

With DFO and and RCMP boat nearby, it looks like they were waiting for this greedy jackass. He likely bragged to some RC buddy about his past catches.

what do you mean by "running meatlines"?? live bait?[/QUOT
A meat line is a static line attached to the down rigger without a rod being attached. Usually has a snubber and very strong line so the fish won't break off. Kind of commercial fishing-believe it or not it used to be legal " Back in the Day" and I always was upset because the meatline being the deepest usually took the biggest fish. Was exciting getting it up on a small handraulic rigger.LOL

My dad would run a meatline off a 200' piece of poly rope with a big rock tied the end.. 2' piece of snubber with a 60lb leader.. Last time i ever saw this done was in the early 70's..

linch the poacher... Confiscate boat, sell it and money goes direct to enhancement..

My dad would run a meatline off a 200' piece of poly rope with a big rock tied the end.. 2' piece of snubber with a 60lb leader.. Last time i ever saw this done was in the early 70's..

linch the poacher... Confiscate boat, sell it and money goes direct to enhancement..

Actually it's still legal to use a line like that for bottom fishing, as long as the "rock" or weight weighs less than 1kg.

It's ref%#kingdiculous! 8 fish at French Creek...the dude obviously has some talent putting fish in the tub, so why the hell does he feel the need to keep more than his limit? How much f'n fish do you need?
Throw the book at the jackass!

It's ref%#kingdiculous! 8 fish at French Creek...the dude obviously has some talent putting fish in the tub, so why the hell does he feel the need to keep more than his limit? How much f'n fish do you need?

Or he's been getting skunked and he finally hit a school and got greedy. Either way, 4 over the limit is right out a Seagal movie. Above The Law.
Karmas a *****.
And don't paint him a meat line user cause we don't know.
We do know DFO took his riggers.
Only a status card can make him innocent at this point.

There's a ton of undersized fish out there right now. If he's willing to bonk 8 fish, I'm sure he's not getting the tape out either. I hope somebody emails him the thread so he can come and defend himself - maybe its all a big misunderstanding ;)

Doesn't sound like much of a "mis-understanding" to me.........except where he mis-understood that the law applies to everybody and he isn't exempt.....

I am sorry you took the pictures and his name down. Seems to me that if you state "allegedly" there wouldn't be a problem with liability. Let the sucker feel the wrath!

what do you mean by "running meatlines"?? live bait?

No Sir a meatline is when someone deliberately hooks a snubber to his deepline then runs a flasher and lure or bait off of that, the fish is then hooked directly to the deepline in stead of a rod, im not sure this was the case, but how else does one bring in 8 chinooks in a single outing? i have seen it before in the canal," i said to my buddy hey that guy must be hooked on bottom" my buddy laughed and said ya must have alot of line on the downrigger cause it's 800 feet deep here..If you have ever seen how a deepline shakes when you get you salmon caught around it? same thing only the salmon isn't caught around it but hooked directly to it.

Lot of people run dummy flashers but it takes a real douchebag to hook a lure or bait to the same thing. Also 7 out of 10 times a fisheries officer can tell if you have hooked your salmon with a barbed hook, seen people busted for that too, right at the cleaning tables. It is guys like this that ruin sport fishing for everyone, it boils down to how bad do you need a fish and what are you willing to lose?

Other fisherman I talked with seemed to know this guy well and said it was only a matter of time before he got caught. This wasn't a one off situation

No Sir a meatline is when someone deliberately hooks a snubber to his deepline then runs a flasher and lure or bait off of that, the fish is then hooked directly to the deepline in stead of a rod, im not sure this was the case, but how else does one bring in 8 chinooks in a single outing? i have seen it before in the canal," i said to my buddy hey that guy must be hooked on bottom" my buddy laughed and said ya must have alot of line on the downrigger cause it's 800 feet deep here..If you have ever seen how a deepline shakes when you get you salmon caught around it? same thing only the salmon isn't caught around it but hooked directly to it.

Is this not what Spring Fever already stated?

Perhaps a lynching might be in order .......... . Caught and convicted by the paparazzi.
Guilty until proven innocent ......... .
Sure glad I do not live in one of those countries where there are no human rights.
I'm even happier that we are so quick to give up those rights.
You better hope this is not Brian Burke.
I have to agree with you on this one, SeaWolf. Let him have his day in court. If he's found guilty we'll all here about it
in the papers and there won't be anywhere he can hide without hanging his head in shame!

[/QUOTE]And don't paint him a meat line user cause we don't know... Tortuga..lets look at the facts shall we? A )the police and DFO were both waiting for him at the boat launch, B)His rods tackle and DEEPLINES were confiscated C) Last time i checked people don't report you for netting a salmon, they wave at you and give you the thumbs up, I am sure he will have his day in court D) but he painted his own picture of what was happening causing all the commotion.D) we do not know that he was using meatlines your right, i don't agree with posting his address but you can clearly see in the removed picture that he was doing the walk of shame.. Maybe he was just out there playing his panflute like Zamfir and all 8 of them chinook magically jumped into his boat one after another...ya lets go with that...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back